Large phones - where to keep?

paul_ct

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My s3 sits in the middle pocket, between my back and my spares packet... Keep it tight in a normal plastic bank bag... Been through races full of rain, training rides in rain, the hoses and sprinklers at 94.7, and of course, sweat on those hot long rides... Not a problem ever.

Its called the POCPAC and adriaan louw is on their design team. waterproof, a little clear insert at the back so you can take a snappie without taking it out and the materials used is touchscreen friendly.

I still use my old Sony Ericsson Cybershot C905 with a pay as you go for riding,hiking etc

It has excellent camera with xenon flash

Tough as nuts.Even survived a swim across the Bloukrans

I also have 2 spare batteries so will last forever on a longer adventure

Fits in a bankie

Its called the POCPAC and adriaan louw is on their design team. waterproof, a little clear insert at the back so you can take a snappie without taking it out and the materials used is touchscreen friendly.

Looks a bit bulky to me. The S4 for active is a brick as it is so don't want to put it in a even bigger bag. Also does not look like the bigger pouches will fit the backpocket

Looks a bit bulky to me. The S4 for active is a brick as it is so don't want to put it in a even bigger bag. Also does not look like the bigger pouches will fit the backpocket

The bigger on is for tools as indicated on it. an iphone fits easilly so i really cant see why an s4 wont

I put my Samsung S3 Mini in my right back pocket with no problems. Before that, I used to put my Sony Ericsson in the same pocket also without any problems.

I also stay away from falling!!!

I also keep it in side pocket of cargo pants, because I use mytracks or endomondo. Ziploc if it looks like rain. From the posts here, I guess I will probably regret that at some point due to a fall, but it has saved me last week when I could not fix flattie :)

Due to the risk of breakage on my phone i opted for a cheap Samsung pocket phone. This gives me strava or any other andriod based app and it fits nicely into bank baggie. Since i got it for really cheap dont mind much where i put it. Mostly i ride with it in back pocket.

I put my s4 in a ziplock little bag (most times) and in my cycling shirt pocket. This is the main reason why I ride with cycling shirts.

I have a fear of putting it in my back pack because if they hijack me the chances they want my back pack is high. (Same goes for my house keys)

Thanks for providing the correct name! No wonder I couldn't find it on the internet. It is a pretty good product. Thinking of the other version for tools too...

Edited by RichieT