Unicycles in Tokai

LanceB

Went to Tokai for the first time in years this morning.

Was notably taken aback by the rampant deforestation, yet in mitigation I must say one can see very committed local trailbuilding in challenging circumstances. The rockgardens and obstacles on the Mamba trail were most enjoyable…

Interestingly there was a group of kids, on unicycles, careering down the Mamba ahead of me, in a staggered formation, stopping and resuming as part of a tutorial session, I assume.

May I commend them on their sense of adventure and excellent trail discipline/awareness, all heeded my advance and gave me a generous margin to pass them. And with no residual attitude either.

I was impressed.

Agreed, the UNI guys are some of the friendliest around. I suppose that they really have nothing to prove to anyone but themselves. Most of us are in awe of their skills. :thumbup:

is that bloke still around that used to visit the mast every so often on his Uni, im not at tokai that often these days but when i was i used to see him on a regular basis.

major kudos to these Uni chaps :thumbup:

Agree 100% , saw them again yesterday in Tokai , a really skilled bunch of guys . :thumbup: :thumbup:

The uni crew are great fun. Good to have them on the mountain. And their skills really put the two wheelers in their place ;)

Edited by Nick.

No uni's in the Tygerberg trails, c'mon guys, you only pay half the membership hehe,.....I'll stick to two

Saw a couple of youngsters working their way down Vasbyt today on unicycles. Very friendly and happy.

The unicyclists rock.. Their skill level is awesome and their friendly and accomodating manner is awesome. If everyone treated everyone as courteously as they do we would have an awesome environment to ride in.

I am more than happy to slam on brakes and wait for them to bobble over a rooty/rocky session. I do often.

Its really cool that other people feel the same way as I have definitely heard a few cyclists grumbling about how the UNI guys clog up 'their' trails....