Heart rate Monitors???

Titan29er

I'm looking at getting myself a HRM.

Not to expensive.

Saw one's for about R550.00. Cyclo and Sigma products.

Will this be sufficient enough? Just want to use it for MTBing.

Also in the process of stopping smoking.....2014 must be a good year for me.

What is your suggestions on the HRM?

Thanks

Hi We use Polar X4 and no problems. Wet dry mud and sweat. They handle all. Your nearest mr Price sport or support your lbs like we did.

I also went down the road of HRM, haven't used it this season. Your body will tell you when you at your limit. I found I was to worried about it on rides.

My opinion don't waste your cash.

Het sopas my HRM by CWC gekoop oor die net.

Hoop maar dit sal die moeite werd wees.

Seker maar 'n "nice to have" produk.....

Het dit anyway maar gekoop.

Het sopas my HRM by CWC gekoop oor die net.

Hoop maar dit sal die moeite werd wees.

Seker maar 'n "nice to have" produk.....

Het dit anyway maar gekoop.

Most will say that a HR monitor is a necessity, certainly not a luxury.

Somebody else mentioned "your body telling you when it's at its limit" ... while this may be true, it won't tell you if you are training at optimum zones.

Money well spent if utilised correctly. :thumbup:

Somebody else mentioned "your body telling you when it's at its limit" ... while this may be true, it won't tell you if you are training at optimum zones.

And that is the crux of the matter, I bet a very very small percentage of people actually make use of the info provided as an analysis tool after and even less during a ride ....... I may be wrong but I doubt it :ph34r:

And that is the crux of the matter, I bet a very very small percentage of people actually make use of the info provided as an analysis tool after and even less during a ride ....... I may be wrong but I doubt it :ph34r:

Yea, but I mostly blame that on the hondnaai software bundled with the devices....you need to go aftermarket if you want to slice and dice your data. But like they say in the classics...you still need to pedal the donnerse bike

I don't have the budget for that

Looking for just a hr sensor to use with an android phone withe either strava or mapmyride apps.

any advise?

sorry for the hijack.

Wahoo bluetooth belt....just google it....they make good stuff

And to the OP.....go garmin edge 500...best bang for buck

Yea, but I mostly blame that on the hondnaai software bundled with the devices....you need to go aftermarket if you want to slice and dice your data. But like they say in the classics...you still need to pedal the donnerse bike

And what is their excuse when they on the bike huh :whistling:

But I suppose it looks 'cool' when you arrive at wek with your big ass Polar/Suunto on your wrist ;)

And what is their excuse when they on the bike huh :whistling:

But I suppose it looks 'cool' when you arrive at wek with your big ass Polar/Suunto on your wrist ;)

True true....you can have a nasa control centre on the bars, but of you can't pedal it, it won't make you faster.

They are lekker little toys and they make things like strava fun.

Wahoo bluetooth belt....just google it....they make good stuff

Anyone know if these things work on Android? I see lots of talk about iPhone but nothing about other OS's.

Also, anyone know how long the CR2032 battery lasts? Those batteries are not cheap if you have to replace regularly.