[Event] 99er Cycle Tour

Ninetyniner Durbanville

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when or where we get to see seeding? I haven't heard or seen anything...

All other entrants are also in waiting...

No news yet.

I queried it on their Facebook page this afternoon. They said they'd get back to me soon. Needless to say I'm still waiting... ;)

I see on the ppa newsletter that entries after 27 January are unseeded - I don't recall seeing that anywhere in the entry process :cursing: R285 for an unseeded road ride???

I see on the ppa newsletter that entries after 27 January are unseeded - I don't recall seeing that anywhere in the entry process :cursing: R285 for an unseeded road ride???

I also dont quite understand the logic behind that. The entry fee however is just absurd. I unfortunately need to do some races before Argus.

I also dont quite understand the logic behind that. The entry fee however is just absurd. I unfortunately need to do some races before Argus.

Wow, that's completely ridiculous and one of the biggest ripoffs I've heard of. I thought it was expensive before I knew that. I'm in B for PPA and entered on the 1st Feb. Now I've just paid almost R300 to start at the back?

Really wanted to do this race with my wife on the tandem (need some race miles before the Argus), but for almost R600 entry fee.... I'd rather take her out Saturday night!

Really wanted to do this race with my wife on the tandem (need some race miles before the Argus), but for almost R600 entry fee.... I'd rather take her out Saturday night!

ditto - started to enter and then saw the total for the tandem. One can cycle somewhere, stay in B&B and cycle back the next day for that money.

That could be an error on the PPA letter.

Letter also refers to online entries closing on 27 Jan, when it actually only closed on Mon 3 Feb.

Late entries at registration (if entries still available) will probably be unseeded.

Rather come and join me on the Argus training ride on Saturday.

Much better scenery, and the roads should be quiet. :whistling:

Rather come and join me on the Argus training ride on Saturday.

Much better scenery, and the roads should be quiet. :whistling:

Roads will definitely not be quiet ...

I've never heard of that regulation before.

:eek:

Roads will definitely not be quiet ...

Straight over the head. :devil:

Tongue in cheek, quiet with cyclists, most will be at 99'er seeing as it is a "must do" event for Argus seeding.