Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

Why does the hub always have to polarise into fanboys or h8ers?

In the years that I'm riding Epic - I love it. It's the greatest event out there. And in the years that I'm not riding it I hate it and all those that are riding it. But that's just me being jealous.

I used to be a pro Epic, anti Sani guy - real MTBers do Epic and wannabees do Sani. But they both serve a purpose, and cater to different needs. And in their own right they are both fantastic events. In fact, we're so lucky that we get to pick and choose from the stacks of amazingly well run events - week in and week out.

Comparing different events is pointless, even comparing Epics over the years is pointless. Was 2008 harder than 2013? Was the rain in 2006 worse than 2014? It doesn't really matter. Finishing an Epic, or finishing the local school fun MTB ride can be as much of an achievement to different people, and we should respect that and be happy for those people.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the years that I'm riding Epic - I love it. It's the greatest event out there. And in the years that I'm not riding it I hate it and all those that are riding it. But that's just me being jealous.

I used to be a pro Epic, anti Sani guy - real MTBers do Epic and wannabees do Sani. But they both serve a purpose, and cater to different needs. And in their own right they are both fantastic events. In fact, we're so lucky that we get to pick and choose from the stacks of amazingly well run events - week in and week out.

Comparing different events is pointless, even comparing Epics over the years is pointless. Was 2008 harder than 2013? Was the rain in 2006 worse than 2014? It doesn't really matter. Finishing an Epic, or finishing the local school fun MTB ride can be as much of an achievement to different people, and we should respect that and be happy for those people.

Well said

More people survive cancer than do the Epic!!

more people get cancer than do the epic.

So your point is?

Epic as a race is tough, but not unachievable! you. you need to train for the event just like you need to train for any event.

if you aren't prepped, you won't finish, be it a 1 day or multi day race.

i think the epic is a fantastic event, the racing that is, but the food, ablutions and general facilities where appauling.

I don't know you (all the naysayers) and not sure I want to, but Ill put my bottom dollar on the Fact that if someone dropped a Free Epic entry in your lap you would grab it with both hands.

YUP.

Not sure if I would keep the sticker on my bike though.

well after a few days reading I have caught up on what happened in this years epic. yes i watched the highlights a few days ago but i enjoy reading the play by play

If you have done all 11 you are welcome to have that opinion. Otherwise you are uninformed. Correct?

That means that only 7 or so are allowed to have an opinion. Are we going to apply the same logic to this year's TDF as well as all equipment reviews and all other things thehub? I put it to you sir, that everyone us entitled to their opinion here. Its up to you to take it seriously or not.

YUP.

Not sure if I would keep the sticker on my bike though.

Is the entry exchangeable for another trip to bcbikerace?

Question,

Has Max sen around since the Epic, have we heard what he thought of his ride, with all the fiasco... et all.

G

Question,

Has Max sen around since the Epic, have we heard what he thought of his ride, with all the fiasco... et all.

G

Maybe he klapped a tacky back to ghost....