How do you carry neccessities while riding?

feetup

I don't understand why people think a saddle bag is homo. My brother is always giving me **** about it mentioning some obscure rules of cycling. I am not talking about those things that you can fit a small chinese person inside, just big enough for a tjoop, tool, plugs and a mandela.

On several occasions I have had to bail people out. I would rather be called a homo that to be stuck on the trail.

Spoils the look of a bike...breaks the lines so to speak....your bike has ballsack(even if it is a small topeak one) and we all know bikes are ladies and thus shouldn't have a ballsack.

I would rather be stuck on the trail(which I never have been) than put a ballsack on my bike

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people think a saddle bag is homo. My brother is always giving me **** about it mentioning some obscure rules of cycling. I am not talking about those things that you can fit a small chinese person inside, just big enough for a tjoop, tool, plugs and a mandela.

On several occasions I have had to bail people out. I would rather be called a homo that to be stuck on the trail.

brotherly love bud hehehe.

i'm going onto dropper post so i gotta find a solution fast and a back pack is a no no.

so my cheap ziplock bags:

tools:

mini pump

two tubes

two quick links

two tyre levers (gatorskins hang on tight!)

presta to schrader adapter

valve key/spanner? (for the extensions on the race wheels, lets me use normal length tubes!)

additional packet for cellphone and glasses cloth

two bombs

multi tool which has chain breaker and CO2 inflator integrated

microfibre snot rag

also chuck a 100ZAR note and gel into the cell baggie, for just in case.

everything goes in back pockets, the tools pack and cell bag fit in the middle, keys and tools and bombs in the sides. everything fits perfect and no moving around. waterproof tested a few times!post-43682-0-50916600-1389793577_thumb.jpg eliminating the need for a fanny bag.

On stage races duct tape is a must :cursing: (pref the partner to carry lol)

I tape a few strips of duct tape around my bombs...that way they also dont freeze my hands off...AND I have some duct tape to patch whatever...i know it works pretty well as emergency plaster when there is a big bleeding cut...keeps it all together

Edited by Cassie

yeah...let those homophobes WALK back!!! :clap:

Spoils the look of a bike...breaks the lines so to speak....your bike has ballsack(even if it is a small topeak one) and we all know bikes are ladies and thus shouldn't have a ballsack.

I would rather be stuck on the trail(which I never have been) than put a ballsack on my bike

Well, that is just like, your opinion man. Mountain biking is not supposed to be a fashion parade, but it seems that it is turning into one.

As long as you are not a blue bull and have a blue ball sack under your car I reckon you are ok.

Edited by karlito

I carry all repair kit except an extra tube(taped to frame) in a small dry bag which I keep in my cycling shirt pocket. I found that 2 water bottles on the bike and this bag were all I needed on the JoBerg2C last year. Many water points were provided so extra food was unnecessary.

Bag contains tyre levers, 2x bombs,Bomb inflation adapter, valve converter, multi-tool, tubeless plugs and insertion tool, spare valve core(lose one once and you wont ask why) , cash , master links, very small lube bottle,

See pic of small dry bag similar to what I use. Easy to remove from shirt pocket otherwise you spend a lot of time fiddling with stuff in your rear shirt pockets .

post-13381-0-67325300-1389795020_thumb.jpg

so my cheap ziplock bags:

tools:

mini pump

two tubes

two quick links

two tyre levers (gatorskins hang on tight!)

presta to schrader adapter

valve key/spanner? (for the extensions on the race wheels, lets me use normal length tubes!)

additional packet for cellphone and glasses cloth

two bombs

multi tool which has chain breaker and CO2 inflator integrated

microfibre snot rag

also chuck a 100ZAR note and gel into the cell baggie, for just in case.

everything goes in back pockets, the tools pack and cell bag fit in the middle, keys and tools and bombs in the sides. everything fits perfect and no moving around. waterproof tested a few times!post-43682-0-50916600-1389793577_thumb.jpg eliminating the need for a fanny bag.

i like the multi tool all in one concept :)

whom makes is it and what do they go for?

Edited by feetup

• 2 months later...

So, I am in the market for a new bag after some affirmative shoppers decided to help themselves again to my bag which was locked in the boot of my car :clap:

I need a decent bag for commuting(waterproof) & for general travelling with a 17" laptop as well as clothing.

What suggestions?

So, I am in the market for a new bag after some affirmative shoppers decided to help themselves again to my bag which was locked in the boot of my car :clap:

I need a decent bag for commuting(waterproof) & for general travelling with a 17" laptop as well as clothing.

What suggestions?

Something from Thule or one of the photography ones.

Something from Thule or one of the photography ones.

Looking at the Thule Crossover now, seems like a very decent bag in the flesh. Is it worth the money though, or is there something else out there of equal quality and that ticks all the right boxes.

Do you think they would be cheaper in the UK? I have a mate there now, so I could possibly get it cheaper.

Looking at the Thule Crossover now, seems like a very decent bag in the flesh. Is it worth the money though, or is there something else out there of equal quality and that ticks all the right boxes.

Do you think they would be cheaper in the UK? I have a mate there now, so I could possibly get it cheaper.

could be. But then Thule are one of those companies that have a RRP for their products

could be. But then Thule are one of those companies that have a RRP for their products

Yeah, seems that way, I can get the 25l cheaper here then the UK

Friend of mine has this exact one. It's a beaut for general laptop and commuting use. Thule quality, but hell pricey. For work I use http://www.takealot.com/computers/everki-swift-light-laptop-backpack-fits-up-to-17-3-inch-screens,28051871. Small and compact, but still a bit of space, well built and cheap as chips, still looks new after a years use though. I just dont commute by bike.

Friend of mine has this exact one. It's a beaut for general laptop and commuting use. Thule quality, but hell pricey. For work I use http://www.takealot....creens,28051871. Small and compact, but still a bit of space, well built and cheap as chips, still looks new after a years use though. I just dont commute by bike.

Thanks for that :thumbup: