Morningside Cycles - damaged my fork, didn't fix, won't call back

pierre-

I have to add to what Madbrad has written.

2 months !! that is a long time!!

It sounds to me like this story has two sides.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something fishy with this story.

What frame is that, most GT's use external headset.

Also, what headset is that? I know the guys from MSC stock the crane creek headsets, which mostly use a split race that doesn't require much force...

Just saying... but I can't believe they would have dunnit....

Pin iT 101

Ive also never met Julius Malema but i don't need to, to be qualified to say his bevaviour is unaceptable !

How is this different ? They cocked up the bike, BADLY, and are NOT taking responsibility for their actions !

So i insulted him by saying ''when he grows his balls back'' ?? Is that an insult ?

im attacking the service & the behavior, not the man !

Pin iT 101

Ive also never met Julius Malema but i don't need to, to be qualified to say his bevaviour is unaceptable !

How is this different ? They cocked up the bike, BADLY, and are NOT taking responsibility for their actions !

So i insulted him by saying ''when he grows his balls back'' ?? Is that an insult ?

im attacking the service & the behavior, not the man !

Completely different scenario, I am sure you have seen Julius Malema(if that's the example you want to use) in interviews etc.(resoinably reliable sources of info) you have an idea of what he is like because of this. On the other hand you have absolutely no idea what Jared is like idea except for a comment found on an OPEN forum (not exactly the most reliable source of info, no offence intend by that comment to any users of the Hub). I would say that when you said he should "grow some balls" would be considered an insult by most people and you defiantly directed it at the person not the service in your original post. As you can see from the posts here people agree there is probably another side to the story, so why don't you just wait and see before making such remarks

Guest CHRIS001

Good Evening Try CMC SERVICE CENTRE WORKSHOP, GIVE ME A CALL AND WE CAN FIX YOUR PROBLEM . CHRIS CANDIOTES 0788828005

Dealt with MSC and only complaint was Jared forgetting to phone me. Other than that everything went ok, thankfully. Their workshop looked neat last I was there. Didn't see a chainsaw or sledgehammer anywhere :P

Hope you come right.

I see a business opportunity: A CCTV gauntlet for all bikes that go in for a service. Owner pushes it through. No more wrongful liability worries.

With all the flaming some LBSs are receiving I'm sure they'd pay good $$$!

Completely different scenario, I am sure you have seen Julius Malema(if that's the example you want to use) in interviews etc.(resoinably reliable sources of info) you have an idea of what he is like because of this. On the other hand you have absolutely no idea what Jared is like idea except for a comment found on an OPEN forum (not exactly the most reliable source of info, no offence intend by that comment to any users of the Hub). I would say that when you said he should "grow some balls" would be considered an insult by most people and you defiantly directed it at the person not the service in your original post. As you can see from the posts here people agree there is probably another side to the story, so why don't you just wait and see before making such remarks

which is why i said originally ''Lets hear his side of the story'' or was comprehension not your strong point ? Go back and read it.

please please line up those circles printed on the spacers ... it is driving me crazy!

Isnt there an OCD thread somewhere to take out these type of frustrations? :whistling: :w00t:

I guess that is the ultimate solution right there.

I'm not satisfied about this I assure you, but swearing, ad hominems, and 'grow your balls back' only decrease the legitimacy of my complaint. That's exactly why I purposely did not write anything disrespectful. No one is going to help if you swear at them.

I am absolutely sure the damage was not there when I took the bike in. This fork had never had a crown race removed from the steerer tube before I took it to MSC. I know this because the fork came from a Scott Ascpect 10 (2012) that was bought new as a complete bike from Linden Cycles in early 2013. She rode the bike for about 6 months before deciding to get a DS. We bought the GT Marathon frame and transplanted the components over. I then took it to MSC to have them install the cables, tighten the bolts and do a service. MSC told me they had to change the headset because the new GT Marathon frame uses a different headset to the Scott Aspect. I never attempted to remove the crown race because I never suspected it had to be removed.

I also haven't taken it apart to check inside, but as far as I know, the crown race was removed when the new headset was installed.

Why two months later? I mentioned in the first post that I broke my ankle and foot in several places the day after dropping her bike off at MSC. I really did. I was flat on the couch for 3 weeks. Was on crutches for 8 weeks. Yesterday did only my third ride since the injury (5 October 2013). I still walking with a limp for now. Not being able to walk or ride I didn't even look at my own bike, never mind the boss's for quite a while. She has never (and I don't think she ever will) gone riding on her own. So neither of us even looked at the three bikes hanging against the spare room wall for all that time.

Frame is a GT Marathon

As to what headset? Take a look at the pictures and you tell me.

Anyway, I was able to ride my bike yesterday. Did 30km on the Reign and some dents in a crown can't wipe the smile off my face. So there. Plenty off support shown here for Morningside Cycles and Jared so he won't be starving on account of me going elsewhere. I'm over it now and I definitely do not want any free stuff as compensation, lest I get accused of "something fishy with this story".

Pierre

At least you managed to keep your rant civilised, so big up for that. :thumbup:

I guess we will never know what happened there, but I would probably not be going back if I was you either.

So the lesson learned is: get your own tools, and service your own bikes...

Hope the foot heals up nicely because, damn, those pics look like it was pretty nasty!!!

Sounds like a weed workshop to me.

Smoke the weed then try fix a bike :)

Dont blame the good herb for humanities lack of skills.. if anything it would have given him the creativity needed to fix the issue.