Magalies Monster 2014

Dirt De Vil

Guest notmyname

Tick tock boys and girls. I've just managed to beat this flu. Sadly not to much riding over the past two weeks or so. Bring on the hurt. YAY!

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Band : The Automatic - Song: Monster - Lyric: Whats that coming over the hill. Is it a monster? Is it a monster.

Already in my playlist for the race.

I did 100 km this weekend but I do not think I am ready at all. What a stupid thing to chose this race as my first ever cycle event. I'll still be going for a sub 5 hour race which is even more stupid. I'm staring to think cycling reduced my ability to reason.

Anyway what is a good time to finish the big climb and still have time to aim for a 5 hour end time?

How will this event be timed? SSTiming? Where do you get this, and those racing boards?

On the road i know all about Racetec and Championchip etc... quite new to the MTB races

Band : The Automatic - Song: Monster - Lyric: Whats that coming over the hill. Is it a monster? Is it a monster.

I did 100 km this weekend but I do not think I am ready at all. What a stupid thing to chose this race as my first ever cycle event. I'll still be going for a sub 5 hour race which is even more stupid. I'm staring to think cycling reduced my ability to reason.

Anyway what is a good time to finish the big climb and still have time to aim for a 5 hour end time?

Earphones = DQ. Carefull, last year somebody got disqualified

Dear Alexander .Please give us feedback of how much blood ,sweat, ego and dirty words you left on the course and your official time

Yes, you get an extra cup of "flou" energade at the top of breedts

Wahhaaaaaa!

Eendag as ek groot is sal ek hom aanpak.

i agree, why the hell would you wanna listen to music when you are out in the bush with your mates..

I don't get it eather. Any way. I'll be on an on one with a blue fork, most probably in an orange shirt. Check you okes and girls there!

Oi.. I have not been on my bike since the whole I feel ill and I have a tummy bug..all I can do it make sure I eat right leading up to sat and hope for the best.

5-6 Hours for me. Did a 5:30 last year, but started right at the back due to been late. hopefully 30-45min quicker this year, but its also 7km longer aswell. so maybe about the same time!!!

Also had a bad 2 weeks training with my Dad in hospital and me alone at the office, got 5 days to push a bit, my fitness is at least there, just need to purge the lungs a bit!!!!

I can relate. Wanted to do a 60km + ride on Saturday. Got a call early Saturday morning from the in-laws - they had an armed robbery on the farm. The *#¥,$~ assaulted them (and three workers) badly, took their bakkie (and other stuff). So there went my final preparation out of the window.

I am now managing the business alone with half the number of workers.

Anyway, at least I am only doing the akkedissie (half marathon). But I am still scared $€itless!

Edited by cjlieben