2014 Cape Town Enduro Races

Headshot

Urgh. Youtube and it's video quality issues... Here for your enjoyment! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glkJo3e62lE&feature=youtu.be

Took a while to gather myself after this but then had some fun down the rest of this stage. Was riding behind Andrew from Stoke for much of the way and it was the best fun I've had in a long time, despite the crash!

He was sliding around the corners MX style - foot out, bike sideways and flat, back wheel actually off the trail most of the time and me whooping and hollering behind him. Good times!

Pedal strike after that little drop?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm. Now I'm confused. Yes I think you're right. The meta lady definitely won a lucky draw helmet though.

I think that was a different lady too.

Andrew Savage - Or style master as I shall name him from now.

Hahaha, shot! Next time i'll try a tuck-no-hander over the jumps...actually maybe just try keep my hands on the bars and save on medical bills.

Skids and wheelies...all the way!

I think that was a different lady too.

No she definitely shredded on the Meta and won the helmet, but not sure if she podiumed.

No she definitely shredded on the Meta and won the helmet, but not sure if she podiumed.

Yes, that girl podiumed in 2nd IIRC. The one we're talking about was a different one.

Yes, that girl podiumed in 2nd IIRC. The one we're talking about was a different one.

Which reminds me. Weird how Dirtopia Enduro's attract quite a big ladies field. Cool to see the sport growing and cool to see Rika getting properly chased for a change.

Blue Meta? Has a Commencal sticker on the back of his Corsa?

Thats Him yes!!

Still looking for a new fork, eh Taahir?

Sell that Fox on yours, and get a replacement. Either a 36 or a lyrik. Or a pike (drool) You should be able to get quite a good price for your RL.

Actually its got to do with his rear shock, just wanted to know/confirm some stuff. Naah imna save for something decent for the front Myles... dont got the cash at the moment to buy,wait, sell. But ya, was pretty impressed with my fork on Sunday.

Thats Him yes!!

Actually its got to do with his rear shock, just wanted to know/confirm some stuff. Naah imna save for something decent for the front Myles... dont got the cash at the moment to buy,wait, sell. But ya, was pretty impressed with my fork on Sunday.

If you ever interested in a Fox Float 36, I'm selling mine. It's standing in Recycles in Bellville if you want to have a squiz.

If you ever interested in a Fox Float 36, I'm selling mine. It's standing in Recycles in Bellville if you want to have a squiz.

Thanks for the info Banna.. I'll see how things play out.

Taahirwp, the blue meta man you are looking for is Riaan Bosman. The shredding meta riding lady is his wife. And yes, he drives a corsa.

The helmet was won by Hanri Dalton, who came second in the ladies. and she rides a Trance. btw, it was her birthday on Sunday as well.

TaahirWP, are you the blue meta riding man who borrowed me the long Allen keys at the start of ss3

Taahirwp, the blue meta man you are looking for is Riaan Bosman. The shredding meta riding lady is his wife. And yes, he drives a corsa.

The helmet was won by Hanri Dalton, who came second in the ladies. and she rides a Trance. btw, it was her birthday on Sunday as well.

TaahirWP, are you the blue meta riding man who borrowed me the long Allen keys at the start of ss3

If he was a short okie wiff a beard then yeah, that's Taahir.

Yep thats me hey.. ^_^ thanks for the info above PhillipV

Andrew Savage - Or style master as I shall name him from now.
hell yeah! The most fun ever riding with him! He just seems to find features in the trail that I never see! And whips and pumps galore ....

On another note. I just had a bit of luck and picked up a mavic charge 2.4 tyre for R550 from a shop in Knysna. Guy bought the WTS but for XC ... post-36361-1400590278,8115.jpg

Pedal strike after that little drop?

Yup, the silly last minute pedal stroke of doom.

Deviate, that tyre is a BEAST! Loving it on my Trance. Heavy as hell but dual ply and beeeeg!

Archived