Tubless keeps leaking

Active Monkey

I have rocket ron tubeless ready tired that are still quite new.

Problem is my back tire has a small cut, and the slime seeps thought and seals and then later it opens again.. This happens constantly. And on top op that this small cut deflates tire very slowly, pump up to 3 bar en it drops about a bar in 36 hours.

Any advise? Apart from new tires or plug.

You could take the tyre off, clean the inside where it is cut (very very very very well) and put a patch on but why not just a small plug?

What he said!

Vulcanise! Conventional patch from the inside. I have just been through the same with a small sidewall cut, Stans would seal for while then pressure loss, pump, seal, pressure loss, etc etc

Vulcanise! Conventional patch from the inside. I have just been through the same with a small sidewall cut, Stans would seal for while then pressure loss, pump, seal, pressure loss, etc etc

Agree 100%. During the December holiday my son had a small sidewall cut and the sealant could not seal. Took off the tire and cleaned the inside, took a patch (thicker one from these patch kits as opposed to the normal "thinner patch") some super glue and glued it on the inside. Refitted the tyre filled with sealant again and no leaks since.

Hi

I have a set. Put in tubes with slime. problem solved. beside the tubless tyres are very heavy compared to the lighter tyres.

Hi

I have a set. Put in tubes with slime. problem solved. beside the tubless tyres are very heavy compared to the lighter tyres.

Not exactly the point now is it :P

remove tire .

clean inside really well ( thinners works )

apply normal valcanizing glue ( light glue with lighter , blow out after 1 or 2 sec , this is just enough to warm the area )

apply normal valcanizing patch

quick , fit tire back on rim and put a tube in , pump rock hard , leave in sun for a afternoon ( warmth helps the valcanisation process ) pressure from tube helps it bond real well

remove tube

add sealant

ride bike

you welcome

( spelling is bad sorry )

Edited by Iron

While on this question:

I got a cut (6-7mm) on the tread part of a brand new race king ( :( ). During the race and with some help this was plugged and seems to be holding ok but it does lose air.

Should I:

a.) buy a new tyre and be done with it

b.) just ride it with the plug and give it some air before each ride

c.) remove the plug and patch from the inside?

I've usually been happy with plugs but usually on smaller cuts. (The 7mm could be 10mm by now as we had to force more than one plug in to seal the hole.)