The Classics

T-Bob

Spartacus has evolved, its great when a rider learns and adapts..... now instead of trying to ride everyone off his wheel he outsprints those who manage to hang until the end.

I wish we could have a whole season of classic one day races like this

Agreed, Spartacus rode an extremely intelligent race. I honestly thought he had cooked his goose when the group of 4 split with 3km to go. He calmly waited for the Belgium (van Marcke) to close down the Belgiums and attacked at the perfect moment.

I was also very glad to see that Van den Bergh didn't even make the podium after he rode one of the most negative team games I've ever seen.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Cancellara is favourite to take Paris-Roubaix and rightly so. Likewise I thought he blew it when 4 riders were together in the final km but he outsmarted them. Also share the OPQS sentiments, they deserved nothing and they got nothing.

By the way, who saw that scumbag Manuel Quinziato of BMC slapping Johann van Zyl of MTN Quebeka after Van Zyl accidentally caused an accident.

Qunziato then proceeded to rant and rave like a madman on Twitter and refused to apologise. Apparently the BMC team have subsequently apologised.

Here is the Twitter politics link, feel free to add your bit...

https://twitter.com/jarradvz/status/452894366831751170/photo/1

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkkBBryIYAAw1vd.jpg

I just hope Paris Roubaix won’t be anything like it was in 2011.

All the teams were marking a Cancellara out of the race, letting Johan Van Summeren slip away.

No one was racing the race, they were racing Cancellara.

"If I had stopped for coffee, they would have done the same"

Wasn't nice to watch, but I suppose that’s bike racing.

Go Fabian!!

Lots a lot of respect for a lot of top riders that day, also the year Spartacus went pretty early and only Boonen was interested in chasing. He kept the gap at around 10 seconds for a long time before eventually giving up the ghost... plenty top names just sat his wheel and picked him off in the "race for second" once he was well and truly poked. Hoping for a lekker showdown this Sunday between Canc, Boonen, Stybar, van Marcke etc... May the best man win!

By the way, who saw that scumbag Manuel Quinziato of BMC slapping Johann van Zyl of MTN Quebeka after Van Zyl accidentally caused an accident.

Qunziato then proceeded to rant and rave like a madman on Twitter and refused to apologise. Apparently the BMC team have subsequently apologised.

Here is the Twitter politics link, feel free to add your bit...

https://twitter.com/...1751170/photo/1

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkkBBryIYAAw1vd.jpg

I know Robbie Hunter would've given that oke a good blixem, right there and then if he did that to him.

Possible rain for Sunday's Paris-Roubaix. Lille, next to Roubaix, is France's 13th wettest city but it hasn't rained in the race since 2002.

Edited by jcza

Possible rain for Sunday's Paris-Roubaix. Lille, next to Roubaix, is France's 13th wettest city but it hasn't rained in the race since 2002.

I think we're due a wet one... :devil:

...also very glad to see that Van den Bergh didn't even make the podium after he rode one of the most negative team games I've ever seen.

It's not negative racing, man.

OPQS had a teammate to spare to surge into the lead with BMC, who had no riders left btw.

Vandenbergh then had a role to play in 'slimming down' GVA's chances of victory by not taking a pull or few.

Thus, allowing their Nr 1 Boonen or Nr 2 Terpstra to stay in contention for as long as possible

It's not an individual sport this.

Just my 2c

OPQS had a teammate to spare to surge into the lead with BMC, who had no riders left btw.

Vandenbergh then had a role to play in 'slimming down' GVA's chances of victory by not taking a pull or few.

Thus, allowing their Nr 1 Boonen or Nr 2 Terpstra to stay in contention for as long as possible

Just my 2c

I know what you're saying Dale but OPQS totally blew it. Sitting on the wheel for 20km and then not getting on the podium serves them right. The DS should take some blame too, he had a man in the break but instead misread the race.

I know what you're saying Dale but OPQS totally blew it. Sitting on the wheel for 20km and then not getting on the podium serves them right. The DS should take some blame too, he had a man in the break but instead misread the race.

Their strategy definitely failed

They had all the options available to them.

Vandenbergh also reported having cramp in the final hour.

Personally, I'm okay for OPQS to not reach podium as they've had 17 victories thus far this season.

Bring on Hell Of The North!!!

The commentator at the time mentioned that it was an awkward scenario for the DS with Vandenbergh in the lead as well as riders 1 and 2 dropped on the final climb.

Andrew Mclean@AndrewMclean 8m

Some great news Super Sport will show Paris Roubaix, (13h00-17h00)Flèche Wallone(15h00-17h00) and Liege Bastogne Liege (14h15-17h00) live.

Don't cancel that DSTV subscription this month

Andrew Mclean@AndrewMclean 8m

Some great news Super Sport will show Paris Roubaix, (13h00-17h00)Flèche Wallone(15h00-17h00) and Liege Bastogne Liege (14h15-17h00) live.

Don't cancel that DSTV subscription this month

All da monuments

Keep on going, Supa Sports!!!!!

Yay

Just my 2c

He also claimed in post-race interviews that he was just hanging on Greg for dear life.

Either / anyway, didn't quite work out for OPQS despite their numbers....