Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

For somebody that recently rode 4 consecutive passses it will be like nothing :whistling: . You worry about the wrong thing. The last 3 hills are the difficult bit. :devil:

Gonna sit behind you then. Cool bananas. And we might even have cake on the route. Some old timer turns 50. :clap:  :clap: :clap:  

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the unknown that getting to me. :eek: . Anyone knows what local(cape town and surrounds) pass compares to Tredoux and up Tredoux. Looks like a long climb it he map is correct. 

I would compare Tradouw pass to Chappies from the hout bay side, pretty flat gradient but quite a bit longer. Op de Tradouw is more like Ou Kaapse from Tokai side.

People seem to forget that these are two different passes, separated by around 15 km. Tradouws pass is awesome - scenic, easy riding and you normally have fresh legs.

Op de Tradouw requires some real riding, its a steep and (potentially hot) bugger

I would compare Tradouw pass to Chappies from the hout bay side, pretty flat gradient but quite a bit longer. Op de Tradouw is more like Ou Kaapse from Tokai side.

People seem to forget that these are two different passes, separated by around 15 km. Tradouws pass is awesome - scenic, easy riding and you normally have fresh legs.

Op de Tradouw requires some real riding, its a steep and (potentially hot) bugger

Spot on.

Just remember the DC starts at the Rooi Brug. By then you are all moeg from gunning the flat road from Ashton.

The the Wind hits and the last few BUMPS are significant. 

AND SAVE SOMETHING FOR THE 500M TO GO. That seems like a joke but it is C for Serious!!

Found a team last minute. Anyone know of a cheap place to stay in the area? Not fussy, just need a bed.

get hold of the the swellendam high school. they normally have single places available in school hall.

Getting excited & nervous. Countdown has started :clap:

PS: The biggest climbs are right at the end, no you can't see it on the map. Just believe me.

Getting excited & nervous. Countdown has started :clap:

PS: The biggest climbs are right at the end, no you can't see it on the map. Just believe me.

3 x Suikerbossies, one after the other. :devil:  :ph34r:

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :o  :o :o  :o  

If the wind is up, it surely feels like it.....

So far the forecast for Sat is for mild conditions, but this is the Cape, nothing is certain untill on the day.

AND SAVE SOMETHING FOR THE 500M TO GO. That seems like a joke but it is C for Serious!!

Don't save too much - there is a Strava KOM there that I'd hate to lose!

First time doing DC

question: 50mm clinchers or standard alloy wheels?

Always good to have your standard wheels as backup in case weather changes. They can go on backup vehicle.

Well seems we have a 5am start. Don't know how they got to that seeding but we all are happy. Means we can have our 1st beer around 11am! Whoopaaa!!

Archived