Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

Had our kit launch party tonight!! Pretty excited for the DC now!! After 45minutes of team tactics discussion it was decides to ride as hard as possible again until we drop everyone down to six riders.

LOL! We are finishing all 12 men strong. Next year I'd like to be in a racing team - 6hrs. Have done a 6:25 before.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too late to start training? Or do you think a KFC diet and some more tapering will cut it?

Nah boet, Mc D's is more like it... but a liquid diet works quite well, would't you say?  :P

Is it "big ear" friendly?

And I guess I'll look like a total plonker riding along in a TT helmet after I've been dropped ;)

It is pretty spacious in the lateral skull attachment department.

If you get dropped you just turn the helmet around and the pointy bit will cover your "visage of shame"

Doing my 1st DC. Longest ride I have ever done is about 160km. Lets see how this goes. Team seam to be in a social mode. Want to do 7h or slightly under. I have no frame of reference for this race so no idea if this is a fast time or not

Doing my 1st DC. Longest ride I have ever done is about 160km. Lets see how this goes. Team seam to be in a social mode. Want to do 7h or slightly under. I have no frame of reference for this race so no idea if this is a fast time or not

7hrs will be easy cruise especially with 2 stops

A 6:41 is an average speed of 30, which is very do able, that was my first DC time and I popped in dramatic fashion and dont remember anything after Bonnivale, the next year it was like I had never cycled the route before!!

In a social mode 7 hours is quick... 

Unless you are all like Tiny K just having a easy day on the saddle you guys are going to have to work quite hard.

For normal funriders like me riding with other funriders we are going to have to stay pretty focused and work hard together to achieve 7 hours.

From previous experience how does seeding work? What time can one expect to start?

Reverse start - fastest teams start last.

Oh shoot, are we starting last?

Hahaha......start times should be available soon. Traffic jam up Tradouw ahead.

LOL! We are finishing all 12 men strong. Next year I'd like to be in a racing team - 6hrs. Have done a 6:25 before.

A BIG improvement on our first DC of 9:10!!!    lol.....

Reverse start - fastest teams start last.

How is the seeding done. I am just trying to ascertain what a likely finish time will be - I see the cut off is 4pm - how much time would that leave someone to finish?

ie what time does the last team set off

Edited by JGR

How is the seeding done. I am just trying to ascertain what a likely finish time will be - I see the cut off is 4pm - how much time would that leave someone to finish?

Around 7:30 if memory serves me correct - and those are the guys going for sub 6hrs

I think cut off is 11 hours and first start time is 5:00. Not sure about last start time.