Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

Doing my 1st DC. Longest ride I have ever done is about 160km. Lets see how this goes. Team seam to be in a social mode. Want to do 7h or slightly under. I have no frame of reference for this race so no idea if this is a fast time or not

Lekka man lekka!

Social mode is around 8 hrs and more...

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the seeding done. I am just trying to ascertain what a likely finish time will be - I see the cut off is 4pm - how much time would that leave someone to finish?

ie what time does the last team set off

I think they use the seeding (PPA or Argus or something) of the riders in the team.

Which sucks if you don't have such a seeding, like Ben Swift. Perhaps he should consider doing the Fun Ride World Champs.

Luckily, the last teams don't need 11 hours to get around the course.

There was talk of spreading the top teams throughout the field so that marking and pacing wouldn't come into play. The downside is that conditions won't be similar for all the top teams.

I think they use the seeding (PPA or Argus or something) of the riders in the team.

Which sucks if you don't have such a seeding, like Ben Swift. Perhaps he should consider doing the Fun Ride World Champs.

Why does it suck? Earlier start and less back markers to work your way through?

Just wave as you pass us. Social team ride. :w00t:  :clap:  :w00t:  :clap:

Just wave as you pass us. Social team ride. :w00t:  :clap:  :w00t:  :clap:

No DC for me this year, if I get a bit FOMO'ish I just remind myself of that last few rollers before Swellendam - the 3 varkies I think one of my teammates called them  :devil:

Enjoy the ride!

No DC for me this year, if I get a bit FOMO'ish I just remind myself of that last few rollers before Swellendam - the 3 varkies I think one of my teammates called them  :devil:

Enjoy the ride!

My first, gonna be tough. Will try and play Wolf on the 3 Varkies.

I don't do early mornings well ;) 

And back markers are just targets with which to gauge your progress. (Or places to hide once you've imploded)

I don't do early mornings well ;)

And back markers are just targets with which to gauge your progress. (Or places to hide once you've imploded)

I would have settled for just " I needed an excuse to mention that I have Ben Swift in my team"  ^_^

Not that one needs an excuse to brag about something like that....

I see Ben Swift has been training in my hood, I haven't received any msgs about a ride ... :(

Edited by JGR

Looking for 2 riders for a 8hour mixed team ride for our team. Please let me know if you want to join us? Thanks. Maria

I am very interested in joining you guys and 8 hours will suit me just fine.

It will be my 1st DC race.

Where do we go from here?

I am very interested in joining you guys and 8 hours will suit me just fine.

It will be my 1st DC race.

Where do we go from here?

Send a PM, best to do.

Dane, dont you wanna join our mtb team, we looking at 1st mtb over line. +- 6h40 ish

And you are team???? We also going the nobly mtb route, will see what happens on the day.