Berge en dale - 8th Feb

lone one

Also be warned that if it's a similar route to last year, it's actually around 102km, so a bit longer than claimed.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that if you prep everything and pack the night before, it takes some worries away and you sleep better.

Also remember that unless you are starting in Elites, you are not going to win, so dont think about it as a race, just try and have fun, and dont build it up too much in your mind. Your cycling should not be stressful.

Yea. Treat it as a tough training ride.

Race is on Saturday - big problem with traffic- why,why,why? Freaking pickup took more than 2hours in the traffic of WORK time, Somebody please make a plan... Brochure for discounted lingerie in the pack - wonder what the shop assistant will think if sweaty guys in lycra invades the shop!

I'm going to take a pootle up Krugersdorp Hill on Friday eve to loosen my legs.

We always have the car packed, bike rack fitted, kit laid out, drinks made up and chilling in the fridge the night before we ride. As said above, makes for a better night sleep :-)

ADVICE please Guys... i struggle to sleep , so race day i generally only have 2 hours of sleep in me. what can i use to induce sleep the night before that wont negatively impact my race performance ?

SEX. Just dont go hunting for it the night before...

I'm entered for the long distance, but am contemplating doing the 55km instead.

What is the process to change distances? Do I need to inform the organisers at number collection and get a different coloured number, or can I just drop back to one of the 55km start groups?

Going to be interesting, anyone have any good ideas where to park and do a warm up (was thinking of the other shopping center down the road - where the big Mr P sport is, might be a bit far) - its going to be balls to the wall from the gun

BL - please wait for me :whistling: