[Event] Medallion Tour De Stellenbosch

DMC007

I love being a weekend warrior, love hammering out the pace when I can. In this race I managed to hold on in A break away which became Cat 4, Cat 3, large bunch, just before Windmeul I knew I was in trouble as had no water, so went to the front, asked TinyK if he had any water to spare. Then hammered the front a bit and then popped and watched them pedal off up that Windmeul hill.

Then I crawled home stopping 3 times for a total of 12min, ending with a 3:18.

Would I do it again, yip. Enjoy racing against guys of similar abilities. Goal is to roll with the snakes, but work hours prohibit it :(

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way you were punishing your Titanium SingleSpeed on the R44 the other, I am not surprised you dropped those flies left, right and center.

That damn bike bit me badly this morning - belt came off as I stood on the pedals. Almost lost my nuts, lost some skin off my knee, and hurt my ego the most (as I wobbled all over Steynsrust in front of a car). I'm nervous about the ride home...

That damn bike bit me badly this morning - belt came off as I stood on the pedals. Almost lost my nuts, lost some skin off my knee, and hurt my ego the most (as I wobbled all over Steynsrust in front of a car). I'm nervous about the ride home...

Pics or didn't happen

Awesome pics Frail!

I was in the bunch with you.. You a strong lad! :thumbup:

That's what you get when you sommer cycle to PE for kicks....and back again!!

Edited by Cassie

Guest Frail4Life

That's what you get when you sommer cycle to PE for kicks....and back again!!

It was a Great training Camp!

Guest Frail4Life

Awesome pics Frail!

I was in the bunch with you.. You a strong lad! :thumbup:

You admit to seeing me trying hard to keep the pace going, but where were U???

• 2 weeks later...

FYI

If you check on pedal power "Seeding Lookup" you will see they have given this race a beta of 1.34 and adjusted the winning time to 2h45. The resulting index I got is my second best :)