Event Name: Medallion Tour De Stellenbosch
When: 16 February 2014
Where: Boschendal Estate, Western Cape
Category: Road

"Seems nothing has been uploaded for this event"

So here goes.....

_____________________________________________________________-

NEW Long Route: 101km, 52km

The event will start at Boschendal Wine Estate, direction Stellenbosch. Riders will pedal through Pniel and over Helshoogte, turning right onto the R44 towards Paarl and left onto the Kromme Rhee road towards Koelenhof. Turn right onto the R304 at the Koelenhof traffic lights, towards the N1/Malmesbury. Continue over the N1 and through the Fisantekraal/”Fruit sellers” 4-way intersection. Turn right towards Windmeul onto the Voor-Paardeberg road (past the Boland Agricultural College). Turn right at Windmeul onto the R44 towards Stellenbosch. Turn left onto the Suid-Agter-Paarl road (note: long and medium routes join here). From here participants will pedal back to the venue via the R45.

ENTRY FEE: R95

Go to Event Page

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riders will encounter the Pniel side of Helshoogte within the first 4km. Length of climb approx 2.5km.

post-3512-0-42598900-1391438575_thumb.png

Edited by DMC007

Loving the look of this route. It'll be nice to get the legs warmed up before we hit Helshoogte, here, wait a minute, nooooooooooooo.lol.

This was my favourite race last year. I'm sure it's going to be another blinder.

I also like the new reverse route. :thumbup:

I'll reserve opinion on the new route ...

New venue does mean an earlier departure from home and longer drive. :(

Is it a league race as well?

Looks like it.!

Official name as per PPA website:

"Medallion Tour de Stellenbosch League & Funride 2014"

I also like the new reverse route. :thumbup:

Oh yes definately! The last 10km stretch will be interesting (slight uphill drag). Hope the legs hold...

I'll reserve opinion on the new route ...

New venue does mean an earlier departure from home and longer drive. :(

Come on Bud...lets do this one.

Oh lordy, another opportunity for me to get dropped from the league bunch within the first 10km of the race! Need to buy some climbing legs in the next 2 weeks..

But seriously, I think its a nice variation on the Burger route, looking forward to the ride!

Oh yes definately! The last 10km stretch will be interesting (slight uphill drag). Hope the legs hold...

It's not the "slight uphill drag" that worries me. Rode that stretch a couple of weeks ago and it was... horrible! Mix in short-routers (for lower long-distance groups) and possible traffic. :huh: Almost expect more complaints about this than the 99er gravel section.

It's not the "slight uphill drag" that worries me. Rode that stretch a couple of weeks ago and it was... horrible! Mix in short-routers (for lower long-distance groups) and possible traffic. :huh: Almost expect more complaints about this than the 99er gravel section.

I dont like riding that last stretch from Paarl brickfields to the Pniel turnoff... going to be interesting with short distance riders joining and the Sunday traffic towards Franschhoek.