Accident on the c/o Old farm road and Hans strydom

bospiet

Hi Guys just want to know, I was involved in an accident yesterday.

My phone was damaged thus I could not take to Motorist detail. As soon as he saw I could not take his details he left.

A witness said he will sms me the details which I have not received.

Luckily I'm ok, bike is damaged, but not so bad that its unfixable.

I do however know I was not at fault as I had right of way.

Would it be worth will to report this incident to the police?

I do not remember his registration number.

Think it was CW 819 GP (White Opel Corsa) Guy works for Eskom as he had Eskom Cloths.

Ironically his excuse was Cyclist are not supposed to be on the road.

Edited by bospiet

Report the ass please. The bloody motorists think they can do just as they want to. Red lights got no meaning to them anymore, and there are no laws.... or anyone to enforce them....

I agree about motorists skipping red lights in Pta. I've recently moved to Pta (December 2013) from the Free State. My opinion is that motorists in Pta are arrogant and aggressive. When a traffic light turns red....it means two or three cars will still cross the intersection. Watch out!

The Old Farm / Solomon Mahlangu (Hans Strydom) intersection is very bad indeed.

All cyclist/motorist accidents should be reported even if only for crime statistics purposes. A criminal case number makes it more difficult for SAPS to lie about the crime figures.

Report it yes, and the odds are very good that he will always cross that intersection about the same time as you had your accident. Seeing he works for eskom he probably has fixed hours and will always drive past there at certain times(give or take 30min). Maybe a good idea to hang around there at that time and see if you can spot the car/driver and take the number plate.

Edited by Grondpad

Yes please do. And also please contact Eskom and tell them about the incident and about the driver that left the scene of a accident. They will most probably be able to track who the person is that was dispatched in that area and cross reference with the type of car they drove.

I agree about motorists skipping red lights in Pta. I've recently moved to Pta (December 2013) from the Free State. My opinion is that motorists in Pta are arrogant and aggressive. When a traffic light turns red....it means two or three cars will still cross the intersection. Watch out!

The Old Farm / Solomon Mahlangu (Hans Strydom) intersection is very bad indeed.

Sorry, I wish you could say it was only PTA drives...

Umhlanga they do the same thing... Taxis and cars both with go through a red light 4-5 seconds after its turned red....

I get the fields hill truck accident which demolished 3 cars to a pulp by a truck running a red light is long forgotten....

Yes please do. And also please contact Eskom and tell them about the incident and about the driver that left the scene of a accident. They will most probably be able to track who the person is that was dispatched in that area and cross reference with the type of car they drove.

yes - what he said...and I would threaten legal action against him too