2014 Dischem ride for sight.

Jeri

Zatec: you can see you seeding index here: results.racetec.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=1 . It's ppa branding, but I'm quite certain that they use the same data for non ppa, racetec races. I'm sure if you compare you index to others in your group, I'm sure you will find they are similar. If you index is lower than you think it should be, get an understanding of the maths, and I'm sure you will figure out a way to improve it (generally ride faster in races, but I've also some other tactics, like ride in smaller races.)

Thanks for this. Never knew where to look it up. I see I have some SLOW mtb rides in Cape Town pulling my seeding down (man did I suffer on those :blush:). Two more races and that should be sorted.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zatec: you can see you seeding index here: results.racetec.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=1 . It's ppa branding, but I'm quite certain that they use the same data for non ppa, racetec races. I'm sure if you compare you index to others in your group, I'm sure you will find they are similar. If you index is lower than you think it should be, get an understanding of the maths, and I'm sure you will figure out a way to improve it (generally ride faster in races, but I've also some other tactics, like ride in smaller races.)
In the past seeding for races upcountry used to use your single best seeding over the past year without using any beta or anything like it.

The official line was that they use the avg of your best three, however the reality was 1 event.

Hence the rush for the flat races. PPA penalise the flat races with a lower beta (difficulty score), which does/did not happen upcountry.

What is happening for upcountry races (seeding wise) at the moment is way less clear than mud.

Edited by agteros

In the past, for smaller events, (non 94.7) you could get into the A bunch with a sub 20 seeding. You do not belong there with a seesing like that as you will have a torrid race being shelled from every bunch overtaking you.

Hence why I am falling back to B!

Edited by agteros

There is no benefit for anybody in a huge bunch. I will happily drop back if I knew the smaller bunch will all pull their weight. Having a huge bunch with a low starting position means nothing if 80% is just sucking wheel. My most enjoyable rides were when I dropped back and pulled hard in the front. Best training too. I am trying to put together such a group for this race. Drop from A and start strong from further back. All take pulls, nobody sprint at the end.

There is no benefit for anybody in a huge bunch. I will happily drop back if I knew the smaller bunch will all pull their weight. Having a huge bunch with a low starting position means nothing if 80% is just sucking wheel. My most enjoyable rides were when I dropped back and pulled hard in the front. Best training too. I am trying to put together such a group for this race. Drop from A and start strong from further back. All take pulls, nobody sprint at the end.

haha! :D with the finish at R4S? hahaha!

.........and all sprint!!

...I dont want to trade a clavicle for 3 seconds and get 257th. Looking for people willing to give up 3s at the end and make up 10min during the ride.

Edited by TALUS

CL for me. Weather will be fine and hot, with a 15 km/h easterly adding some spice.

Like the wind from the east!! Will make the hilly section into Heidelberg tougher, and the R23 drag easier, esp. if it blowns slightly from the south.

Like the wind from the east!! Will make the hilly section into Heidelberg tougher, and the R23 drag easier, esp. if it blowns slightly from the south.

My sentiments exactly. I love that climb!