[Event] Delta Dash (6hr Endurance)

Pieter1

Thanks to everyone who took part, supported and helped out! I reccon it was a pretty sweet day out! How did you guys find the scout section?

It was really good route this year- the berms and jumps very fun and the scout area was a very nice addition.

Well done to all the organizers involved!!

@Pieter1 - why were you jogging on the last lap?

We're you not buggered enough fron doing solo SS?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was really good route this year- the berms and jumps very fun and the scout area was a very nice addition.

Well done to all the organizers involved!!

@Pieter1 - why were you jogging on the last lap?

We're you not buggered enough fron doing solo SS?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it and well done again on your achievement!!

I put down so much power that my chain broke ;) then my quick link did not fit so I ran to finish the lap before cut off.

What a lekker day out. The route broke me though, only managed 14 laps...was aiming for 16-18. Next year I'll be back!

Was lekker to have the guys from work and Vusa, Build-a-Bike recipient, take part as well.

10006222_733334796711351_8144561733611415677_n.jpg

What an awesome day....perfect weather, brilliant route and great feedback on the event. Thanks to all of those who came to support us.

Results should be up on the website today and I will start updating and posting pictures shortly.

We also had a Supersport camera there, so will give you a heads up as to when the insert will air.....hope you where all smiling out there on the course!!

Was a great vent and I had a total blast. really enjoyed the course, good mix between fast, technical, decent climbing and some hotting fun through the school.

One crit though, the marshals need to be firmer/ more assertive with the public.

I witnessed one incident, on the bridge ofter the long descent, where a rider approached, a dog was on the bridge and when the dog saw the rider,tried to turn around to get out the way, but the rider chose to just ride over the dog, rather than wait 5 sec for him/her to get off the bridge. Cos you know in a 6 hour race, those 5 sec are the winning 5.

I know who he is and I could possibly of cost him his win, but I'll let his conscience do that - What a total arsehole.

I think the marshals need to make sure the public wait at bridges etc when riders are approaching to maintain a safe environment for all in the park.

Was a great vent and I had a total blast. really enjoyed the course, good mix between fast, technical, decent climbing and some hotting fun through the school.

One crit though, the marshals need to be firmer/ more assertive with the public.

I witnessed one incident, on the bridge ofter the long descent, where a rider approached, a dog was on the bridge and when the dog saw the rider,tried to turn around to get out the way, but the rider chose to just ride over the dog, rather than wait 5 sec for him/her to get off the bridge. Cos you know in a 6 hour race, those 5 sec are the winning 5.

I know who he is and I could possibly of cost him his win, but I'll let his conscience do that - What a total arsehole.

I think the marshals need to make sure the public wait at bridges etc when riders are approaching to maintain a safe environment for all in the park.

Gap jumps next to ALL the bridges, problem solved! :devil:

I hung out In your "VIP" section for nearly an hour:

NO chairs

NO coffee

NO Mr Swane

WTF???

My bad!

Said family member let me down last minute so the stand was more DIY than VIP :-)

I was around for the last 3 hours after my BB decided to stop working though - you should have swung by...

As for the race - even better course than last year - really enjoyed that. When a course is so entertaining that you forget/don't get a chance to drink you have a winner! The first jump was good fun!

My crit for the day. Unicycles. Gotta appreciate their skill but I nearly killed several - they're too slow to be on the same course as mtbs. That and they tend to swerve whilst swinging their arms a lot so trying to get round them is interesting!

We all need to appreciate that we are privileged to be able to race on what is essentially public land and let sanity prevail. We all know that there are walkers, dogs and other cyclists on this part of the spruit/park and we need to be prepared to wait/avoid these other park users. If I was the dog's owner, I'd be mad as all hell.

I thought the route was great, even though I was too chicken to ride the new jumps....

We all need to appreciate that we are privileged to be able to race on what is essentially public land and let sanity prevail. We all know that there are walkers, dogs and other cyclists on this part of the spruit/park and we need to be prepared to wait/avoid these other park users. If I was the dog's owner, I'd be mad as all hell.

Agreed!

My dog/walker interaction was all handled well - no flaring of tempers or harsh words the whole day.

Agreed!

My dog/walker interaction was all handled well - no flaring of tempers or harsh words the whole day.

How's your BB?

How's your BB?

Not sure yet - bike is still dirty...

I think I just need to nip it up. Shouldn't be an issue. Either that or I'm rolling a PF32 now :-)

Thanks for the feedback guys....the results are up on the website - www.deltadashmtb.co.za

Gap jumps next to ALL the bridges, problem solved! :devil:

One done last week and we saw where another could go this morning :D