Recommend me a wetsuit

fanievb

Hi All,

I am looking for a wetsuit for my wife for her birthday (and her first IMSA)

She’s been doing triathlons for a while now and the wetsuit she has (Dare2Tri) is starting to fall apart. It split on one of the seams as she was putting it on for IM 70.3.

There as so many brands however that I get a bit confused as to what to get her.

My budget is in the region of R3500 to 4000.

Any advice/comments/insider knowledge.

Thanks

Fanie

Ive had my blueseventy for 5 years - small tear here and there but nothing some wetsuit glue didn't sort out.

Otherwise stick to Xterra, 2xu or possibly sailfish

Bought my tri suit online from 2XU -all the wetsuits and prices are there. Delivered to my door in 3 days!

My wetsuit I bought from Terry from XTERRA in Cape Town. Great service also delivered to my door in 3 days-check website for contact details.

Both good options

+1 on the Xterra. I have one and have no issues. I ordered the wrong size and Terry had no issues to exchange it for me

Very happy with my Xterra Vector pro suit, will def go this route again via Terry, I think its in your price range. I hear good things about the 2xu, My advise is to check the quality of the rubber and get some good thickness in the legs

Orca would be my choice. Spoil her with the 3.8 (even named after the Ironman swim distance)

Thanks all for the replies, looks like Xterra is the way to go

When heading to Cape Town for the august so I think a little shopping will be required and it will be in time for my wife's birthday (13 March)