Spoke protector broke..

Askies

Hi guys on my recent ride, that plastic thing protecting my spokes from the chain overshiftifting into the spokes broke. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make one ? Or any alternitives ? Thanks

It only broke because you left it on. It actually did you a favour.

Take it off, and be happy you don't look like a noob anymore!

It makes my 10 speed cassette look so ugly, but i want it their just incase of a fault.

Leave it off, bigger chance of derailleur pulling into spokes or your contraption cause to damage, haha. No one rides with it, even downhill guys don't have it on their bikes...

And if it goes in there, there would rarely be any damage.

Hi guys on my recent ride, that plastic thing protecting my spokes from the chain overshiftifting into the spokes broke. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make one ? Or any alternitives ? Thanks

Set your limit screws correctly and you won't need it.

Can't remember when last my chain went into the spokes. Probably when I was on a Hyper Special in primary school 25+ years ago. If the limits are set correctly then it's just about impossible for the chain to hop off the top ofthe cassette.

Ja, just toss the thing. If it was a necessary item it would be made out of something more meaningful than cheap plastic. And likely come in a range of cutout shapes and anodised colours.

If it was a necessary item it would be made out of something more meaningful than cheap plastic. And likely come in a range of cutout shapes and anodised colours.

And an all new 29er specific version...

And an all new 29er specific version...

Didn't think about that. The angle of the spokes on the larger wheel will be different.

Honestly, it's like the plastic covering on your new cellphone's LCD or plastic over a new cars seats. Yes, you can leave it on but you really shouldn't.

Do you still have your reflectors in the spokes ? They should go too.....