Panorama Cycle Tour 2014

TALUS

I see the TT is really two halves - downhill to the turnaround and uphill back. 36k TT for an ou ballie means I will have to pace really well. Looks like Sunday will be cooler. I got in a 12h week so feeling a bit better. Getting excited!

It is actually uphill to the turnaround and downhill to the end. The placed only one half of the profile and it is the second half

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually uphill to the turnaround and downhill to the end. The placed only one half of the profile and it is the second half

Thx mate. It actually important to know.

HI, got a late opportunity to ride was wondering if anyone is going to go down and as a group where I could join don't mind sharing costs thx.

Ok so I am starting to think about it a bit more. Perspective: Day 1 is shorter than the Argus but has about double the climbing at an altitude of 1000m to start with. Will be interesting.

Jip, there were a few bumps today! A crash in the first 10km amongst the front runners. Lots and lots of flat tyres. My own Di 2 had a cable shake loose resulting in a 8min hunt for the problem. Never really found it but it started to work later on after burning my quads on my S/S up a few hills. What a great ride. It is a very different route to the old stage 1 and I thought it was quite tough. Tmrw doesnt look like much of a recovery day to me!

We had a good day (time) but I really suffered. It was just a bit quick for comfort. I did not see or hear of any crashes. The Bike Marshalls were fantastic! I need a quick turnaround or tmrw is going to hurt. Great organisation.

There was a girl in front of us who came down just before the turn onto the N4. Apparently there was a little bit of aggro resulting in the crash, the guys that caused the crash just rode on. She did finish tho, what a champ, properly grazed on her leg and face.

But I agree Talus, easy to push a bit too much on the fast middle section and then HURT in the last 20km.

I am quite nervous about today. Some BIG climbs waiting. Good Luck to all

Edited by TALUS

Day 3 : What an epic day on the bike! I actually had more trouble on the downhills than the climbs today - they are long and very quick. I just could not trust my co- riders. We did the time trial route today - flippen hell I always thought a time trail will be reasonably flat!!!