Panorama Cycle Tour 2014

TALUS

Riding Emperors, but in 2 minds about Rooiwal. Perhaps family needs to come 1st on Sat morning!!

I think they want you to ride fast, come back early and be in a good mood. Edited by TALUS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they want you to ride fast, come back early and be in a good mood.

Ha, ha... sounds like a plan in the making. Now I need to build a bit of a marketing plan around this one!

So i got a call from somebody that dropped out and wants me to take his place for free. Was riding lots until Argus but haven't touched a bike since then. You guys think ll finish? Is it very hard?

So i got a call from somebody that dropped out and wants me to take his place for free. Was riding lots until Argus but haven't touched a bike since then. You guys think ll finish? Is it very hard?

Stage one and three are far tougher than the Argus/94.7. But if you are conservative in the early stages and have the right gearing, I'm sure you will be fine.

This ride ALL depends on your partner, if you guys get along well and have same motives, then it is a fantastic tour.

Flyluis, you'll be fine. for men I say a 25 cassette is more than enough and for females I'd rather say go for 27 if you can. There's lots of climbing and you need to try save the legs.

Go and enjoy the scenery, it's an awesome ride and great vibe.

Stage one and three are far tougher than the Argus/94.7. But if you are conservative in the early stages and have the right gearing, I'm sure you will be fine.

Cool! We going to take it easy so hoping it should be a ride and not a race....

Cool! We going to take it easy so hoping it should be a ride and not a race....

You will be fine, you will spend some time in the saddle but it will be enjoyable!

Getting a bit edgy now. I only got 7 and 6 h weeks (Freaking real life interfering)- 27 cassette hmmmm...

Getting a bit edgy now. I only got 7 and 6 h weeks (Freaking real life interfering)- 27 cassette hmmmm...

27 is more than enough ;)

I see the TT is really two halves - downhill to the turnaround and uphill back. 36k TT for an ou ballie means I will have to pace really well. Looks like Sunday will be cooler. I got in a 12h week so feeling a bit better. Getting excited!