Confiscated Santa Cruz Stell

Pure Savage

Who is "him"?

What made you think it wasn't his?

Great work though and hope it's reunited to it's owner :thumbup:

Probably the lack of a front wheel. Good for you, I'm sure that you'll not do something lie this lightly, and if it was really his, he'd have fought a lot harder to keep it.

Edited by TopFuel

He was bigger than me and he gave up the Santa Cruz once I said it was my mates. If it was his I think he would have said something. You can tell when someone does not match the bike. I can't afford the bike even.

Kudos to you Skistar. Im guessing he was dressed in mormal clothes, not lycra. He comes walking by wheeling along the SC without a front wheel after liberating said machine from bike rack or owner took wheel out to duck in somewhere. Im really surprised he never gave you hassles.

Owner collected his bike at the finish!

He did ask a couple of times where his front wheel is ...

The oak with the mic said he saw a guy lifting the bike out of a car and he stopped him ... someone else said bakkie.

At least someone got half his bike back.

Luckily all he needs to replace is the front wheel and not the whole bike!

Edited by Tankman

Ok, see how original post may be misleading. Once finished the lights by linea event I headed toward the car park towards by car, walking in opposite direction an african man a bit bigger than me in a white vest, bare foot was pushing this bike along. Very obvious the guy was not a SC owner.

I asked him what he was doing with the bike, said it was his uncle, I told him I knew whose bike it was and would like it back, he handed it over and walked away. I could not see the car he took it from or where the wheel was.

I took it back to the start of the race thinking someone in the CAT 1 race may have left MTB in car. Handed it over to Wayne who said he would make sure would look after it as I had to head off to Cape Town.

Very happy the owner got his bike back.

Was riding in Hout bay this morning and saw a new BMC bike being wheeled into township, but was going to fast to stop and enquire, so made sure did something about this one.

*apologies for looking as if was manhandled by a bear, it was hot in Stell*

Edited by skistar15

Nice story! Some guy must be so stoked right now, esp if he had no insurance. Nothing worse than your R50k honey going walkies