Tankwa Trek

leona

well that was most definitely one of the best races i have ever done. organisation was perfect, massive paddling pools at the finish, fruit in abundance and brilliant riding.

my only complaint would be the merino monster climb. that was just effing bloody awful!!!

I don't really know who to thank as there were so many people involved but thank you to dryland, all the land owners, farmers, route planners, caterers, fellow riders for support, commentary paul for reminding me constantly how **** the weather will be when i go home and all the people along the route who cheered for us.

i will miss south africa like you have no idea!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well that was most definitely one of the best races i have ever done. organisation was perfect, massive paddling pools at the finish, fruit in abundance and brilliant riding.

my only complaint would be the merino monster climb. that was just effing bloody awful!!!

I don't really know who to thank as there were so many people involved but thank you to dryland, all the land owners, farmers, route planners, caterers, fellow riders for support, commentary paul for reminding me constantly how **** the weather will be when i go home and all the people along the route who cheered for us.

i will miss south africa like you have no idea!

Leona, we have all been bitten by the African bug. It is a bittersweet love that you just can't walk away from, I hope for your sake that you find something on the work front that will at least allow you to decide weather (pun invented) you want to stay or not.

Edited by River Rat

Awesome event, Dryland I have realised sets the bar when it comes to mtb events.

Pioneer, Attekwas and Tankwa, all hardcore mtbing with testing routes.

Their food and catering is in my mind above Sani and W2W.

Big ups to them for another great event.

it was a brilliant MTB event, can't think of any event I've done which tested both our riding skills and fitness like day 1, day 2 is one i want to forget, makes attekwaas seem like a fun ride and day 3 single track was superb, great event all round, right up there , would do it again before i do w2w or sani again..........hope it stays small and off the radar, think the extremity terrain, heat and test of MTB skills will keep most away. Mostly people training for epic, except us idiots

Awesome event, Big thanks to Dryland ........... :clap:

(Not so sure about the finishers medal :whistling: )

what?! those little bikes are WAAAYY better than another bloody medal! much much nicer and so original. i got a big one too for my overall which is even better!

what?! those little bikes are WAAAYY better than another bloody medal! much much nicer and so original. i got a big one too for my overall which is even better!

Heu well done on your overall win.. fantastic stuff.. so what's next?

Just want to say a huge thank you to the organizers. The race was amazing although our team sucked a bit and suffered like hell. For me the singletrack on day 1 and 2 were the highlights. It was technical, but not too difficult to manage. A lot of people walked and fell the technical bits which caused huge pie ups if you were not in the front of the field(yes our fault I know).

To the organizers, pleas don't cut out the technical bits if there are any complaints, people should just learn to ride their bikes properly and safely. I know I am going to get hammered for saying this: If you struggled with the single tracks on the route, book into a skills course. This is for your own safety and to enjoy the routes more. The general feeling I get is that routes will get more technical and the gravel crunching will hopefully get less.

It was all rideable no doubt and I agree, don't take any of that out. Can't believe how many people complained about the last km of day 1. Get over yourselves!

It was all rideable no doubt and I agree, don't take any of that out. Can't believe how many people complained about the last km of day 1. Get over yourselves!

Perhaps they underestimated the route. But they should condition themselves better and work on their technical abilities. ;)

This is a stage race I would love to do.. yes there are many I would love to do.

We don't do mtbing to ride on district roads, it's all about the challenge. If there are people complaining about that, they should maybe rethink their cycling discipline

Edited by Gen

sabie marathon sat. not expecting to do terribly well though! different league eh!

Quietly attach a rope to Ariane's bike and you'll be fine.. or PM Max Knox and tell him to pace you ;)

was an awesome race

dont worry , they wont make it easier , the will actually make it harder, still too much open roads at the end of day one and 2, and that piece of tar was a bummer on day 3 but otherwise AWESOME

Loved the going down after the Merino on my rigid sus, really testing my own skill down there