Best Bike Fitment in Cape Town / Winelands area?

Rock Guy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had ErgoFit at one of the big CT bike shops who then built my MTB up using these measurements, just days before Knysna races last year (my previous bike was stolen). The back pain I suffered during these 2 events proved that this system does not work for everyone.

Steve at CycleLab in Cape Town changed my stem and handlebars and did a new fitment - free of charge too. But its personal preference I guess. Trial and error as to what works for you.

Bike fitment systems are only as good as the people using/understanding them.

I've had a couple of fitments within a short space of time and each gave different measurements ... and none were quite right.

So I used that as a basis and tweaked it to my needs ... a bit like CLab did for you.

I had ErgoFit at one of the big CT bike shops who then built my MTB up using these measurements, just days before Knysna races last year (my previous bike was stolen). The back pain I suffered during these 2 events proved that this system does not work for everyone.

Steve at CycleLab in Cape Town changed my stem and handlebars and did a new fitment - free of charge too. But its personal preference I guess. Trial and error as to what works for you.

A bike fit is only as good as the person doing it. I had a BG fit done by 1 bike shop and my knees and back we in agony after a few KM's. I call Specialized direct and they sent me to another BG fit shop in Tableview area. Did the fit and have been brilliant and pain free since.

I wouldnt say the system doesnt work for everyone, I would say that fitter didnt do a good enough job or knew what to do correctly.

Steve does Ergofit so I am sure his settings on the bike were Ergfit based so there you have someone who knows the system.

Steve did my 29er bike fit 3 years ago. This year I decided to do another bike fit coz I did a few upgrades etc. I went to Spook at Daisyway and he told me the fit was almost perfect. He moved my saddle forward by .5cm and lowered my stem.

But the biggest change was the cleat alignment. After he adjusted my cleats my pedal stroke was so much smoother. I could feel more power being transferred through the pedals

If they only did the ErgoFiT report and then built up the bike there is a 5% chance that the fit is not correct. That is why an ErgoFiT also includes a 5 point check to assess whether any parameter is incorrect.

It sounds like the second part was not completed.

• 6 years later...

For social wknd riding only, mainly downhill singletrack riding.

Is a professional bike fit vital?

Who is the best peeps for this job?

Whats potential costing to setup bike and fit me

Certainly THEE best investment you can make

Go see Irma, at Irmfit ... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/Irmaflex/&ved=2ahUKEwjrp4aQzIDsAhXRVBUIHe06CJ4Q_UUwAHoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw2pGzmNmYTQjgO4TCkhr82m

The fitment is about an hour session !! Most of this time is spent on YOU ....

What is your medical history, and its impact on cycling ....

What is your range of movement .... and limitations ...

What is your "sit bone" width, and thus correct saddle width ....

Only then do you get onto the bike, and the bike is now set up optimally for YOU.

Over months and miles in the saddle your body adapts and the setup may be tweaked to a more optimal setting, ie bars may be dropped a bit...

The follow up sessions with Irma is very affordable.

Knee injuries, back issues, etc can be avoided by the correct setup. So I certainly highly recommend it

Certainly THEE best investment you can make

Go see Irma, at Irmfit ... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/Irmaflex/&ved=2ahUKEwjrp4aQzIDsAhXRVBUIHe06CJ4Q_UUwAHoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw2pGzmNmYTQjgO4TCkhr82m

The fitment is about an hour session !! Most of this time is spent on YOU ....

What is your medical history, and its impact on cycling ....

What is your range of movement .... and limitations ...

What is your "sit bone" width, and thus correct saddle width ....

Only then do you get onto the bike, and the bike is now set up optimally for YOU.

Over months and miles in the saddle your body adapts and the setup may be tweaked to a more optimal setting, ie bars may be dropped a bit...

The follow up sessions with Irma is very affordable.

Knee injuries, back issues, etc can be avoided by the correct setup. So I certainly highly recommend it

Thanks will check the link out, thanks

SSISA is having a special this month. I done my bikefit with them last year, no issues so far

Sports science right? Do they have good mtb setup experience?

I can highly, highly recommend

Trevor Court

Mobile:+27627708061

At Revolution Cycles in the City Bowl.

I had an Ergofit fitment done a few years ago and have soldiered on with knee issues and sore hands etc, thinking that I was not fit enough etc etc. I recently built a gravel bike and asked Revolution Cycles to help me set up the last bits. SJ recommended that Trevor do a quick fit for me and it has been amazing. He dropped the saddle by 1.5cm, shorten the stem by 2.5 cm etc Large changes. At first I thought this saddle is way too low, but suddenly I am  actually using all the muscles in my legs, setting personal records on Strava, and no sore / numb hands.

Perhaps Ergofit is meant for another body type, but it was completely wrong for me.

Trevor was also the bike fitter for one of the pro teams in the Tour de France recently. He really knows what he is doing.

... He really knows what he is doing.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

That is most important.

Fit systems are only as good as the person interpreting the info.