Irene, Centurion - be warned

ycowley

Hectic,That's when you need a few buddies hiding in the bushes and beat the crap out off them, break their legs and leave them there for the fultures(if there are any) to finish them off

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Criminals are taking away our freedom. If you avoid one area, the criminal moves to the next area until there is no more safe areas. As we give up our freedom, the criminal adapts, taking away some more freedom.

Criminals are taking away our freedom. If you avoid one area, the criminal moves to the next area until there is no more safe areas. As we give up our freedom, the criminal adapts, taking away some more freedom.

That sucks! Why should we settle for this nonsense?

Yeah, dangerous area. A buddy and I were relieved of our MTB’s in May 2010 on the singletrack going down to the corner of the concrete works. The bastards were hiding in the ditch just past the dirt road crossing. Sadly that was the last time I went riding there.

@Evan - Had 4.5yrs of unmolested fun there and we thankfully where not seriously hurt when robbed. I would be careful none the less if I were you. Your size might make them extra aggressive to ensure their own survival. I am trying to convince myself that most of these bastards steal our bikes to survive. :nuke:

There have been several insidents at the Radio control airfield on the other side on the Agricultural Research Grounds as well .I will never go there unarmed

There was another bike-jacking this afternoon. Four attackers with knives. Kirkness field in Pierre Van Ryneveld. They recovered the bicycles in Irene near the train station.

Three days ago there was a bike-jacking at Cornwall Hill koppie near the old water reservoir. Two mountain bikers attacked.

Info is from Twitter.

Edited by Dibles

There was another bike-jacking this afternoon. Four attackers with knives. Kirkness field in Pierre Van Ryneveld. They recovered the bicycles in Irene near the train station.

Three days ago there was a bike-jacking at Cornwall Hill koppie near the old water reservoir. Two mountain bikers attacked.

Info is from Twitter.

yip, i'm on Wilddogs and it's one of the guys there who got mugged.

in his own words.....

Cycling home form work yesterday a colleague and I take the under-construction road in the veld across Cornwall hill, speeding down the hill when very suddenly 4 guys jump out of the bushes next to us. They jumped right into our way such that we could not miss them, we collided with them and went down, doing about 30km/h or so. Anyway, getting up the first thing I do is start taking a swing at the guy closest to me, when I notice the knife in my face and my colleague also held at knife point.

They took our backpacks, bicycles, my shirt and shoes, watch, ring, everything. Then led me into the bush to the left and my colleague to the bush on the right, all the while holding knives to our throats. It was only then that I started worrying, there's no reason to lead me into the veld if they already have all my stuff, and I started fearing the worst.

They made me lie face down, hitting me on the head with a rock if I dare look up. I was just waiting for the stabbing to start. Luckily it did not. They bound my hands behind by back with wire, and my feet, then held the knife to my throat again until I gave them my iPhone's passcode. After that they were gone.

Long story short, we were found by security guys and the community policing forum of Pierre Van Ryneveld, and they unbound us. In the end, I was lucky to still get home and see my wife and kids. The rest can be replaced.

The CPF eventually recovered our bicycles, ironically the only item that is insured.

I still don't know how I feel about the whole lot, but I suppose I'll start feeling something over the weekend. For now, I'm just happy my sons still have someone to call dad, and my wife's not sleeping alone.

i'm so upset right now, i actually want to cry........ it's time to take the law into our own hands.... there, i said it.

Wonder how long it is going to take to change the mindset of the majority "3rd world" citizens in South Africa - can not even compare them to animals becuase even they have more dignity and respect for each other.

Edited by in10sive

Damn, thats Hectic!! Its also p@ssing me off. They are taking everything from us. Like on Monday Night, they Poisined my in-laws dog and they died a terrible death,(not a pretty sight). The very next Morning they broke in and stole his Honda Motorcycle.

So now we just have to keep on smilling and be happy. I dont trust any one of them!! If i see one walking slowly in our street, i chase him away..

Residents are strongly advised not to cycle or walk their dogs in any of the open veld surrounding Irene or Smuts koppie.

Last evening, between 17H00 and 18H00, two Irene residents were cycling on the koppie, East of the railway line (opposite Stopford Road). They noticed three black males ahead on the trail and decided to turn around. The three black males chased after them and attacked them from behind. Both cyclists were assaulted and their mountain bikes stolen.

Last week, many of you will also have heard that a lady walking her dogs in the veld, South of Gem Village, did not return home before dark. After a long search on the ground and by helicopter, she was found some hours later, extremely traumatised from her ordeal.

There have been a number of attacks in both these areas in the past and residents are urged to rather cycle and walk where they feel safe.

You said black. in SA you aren't allowed to say that.