[Event] FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic

LittleMonster

Haha, monster no doubt. But no use if I am dehydrated and shriveled up like a prune after the Monster.

You say it is technical? My old man is going to ride. He is a fit rider but not too keen on the 'break all your bones' technical stuff. Is it VERY technical or just a few sections technical?

Enter for the 70 and if you feel you cannot make it, turn at the 40km split....the monster climb isn't that bad...promise.

Its not insane gap jump stuff, but there are a few klippies here and there....I am doing it on my hardtail so that should say something.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I am a noobie :clap: :eek:

You will have a good day out with the 1/2 - some lekka technical stuph and a good ride, then you can up your game next time if you are up to it, I wouldn't recommend the full to a novice.

Edited by kosmonooit

Enter for the 70 and if you feel you cannot make it, turn at the 40km split....the monster climb isn't that bad...promise.

Its not insane gap jump stuff, but there are a few klippies here and there....I am doing it on my hardtail so that should say something.

Ask Rouxtjie, I'm not the most technical rider in the group and I love the monster, its tough but all rideable.....(ok except for the portage sections, but thats no stress).

It's a hard ride, but it's one of the few races around Gauteng that still feels like an achievement just getting to the finish, and that's what mtbers live for don't we?

Ask Rouxtjie, I'm not the most technical rider in the group and I love the monster, its tough but all rideable.....(ok except for the portage sections, but thats no stress).

It's a hard ride, but it's one of the few races around Gauteng that still feels like an achievement just getting to the finish, and that's what mtbers live for don't we?

Exactly tjom, you don't remember the rides / races were you didn't dig deep....its the character building ones that stand out.

Thanks for the heads up chaps, much appreciated. If you don't mind me asking... Which Technical trails in Gauteng can this be compared to? I fooking love ''Kings kloof''and ''Thaba" So will spend some more time there over the next few weeks. Any other suggestions would be super. Shot.

Klapperkop in Pretoria has a few comparable climbs ,but not as long thou .If you can do klapperkop along the fence in both directions twice ,you are almost ready

Guest notmyname

van gaalens is probably the closest match...but you will have to do eriks revenge, miems, daggapad and greek church to give you an idea...magalies mountain is lekkers man

Dankie Rouxtjie. I have done VG but not sure which routes. I know we did the concrete Road and that single Track perched above that sand road. Are the trails at VG still not well marked? If anybody is riding there in the next few weeks and you don't mind a tag along, please pm me.

Eish ek gaan k@k... Maar dis mos lekker!!!

Ons almal gaan...maar dis hoekom dit lekker is....soos die army

Ons almal gaan...maar dis hoekom dit lekker is....soos die army

As ek te erg suffer kyk ek net bietjie vir die berge, haal diep asem en wees bly ek kan so lekker in die natuur wees! Of kyk agter toe en sien hoever jy al gekom het.

As ek te erg suffer kyk ek net bietjie vir die berge, haal diep asem en wees bly ek kan so lekker in die natuur wees! Of kyk agter toe en sien hoever jy al gekom het.

Ek sit gewoonlik op n klip, tjank n bietjie, suig n jel of tien....en dan laat ek waai

Ek sit gewoonlik op n klip, tjank n bietjie, suig n jel of tien....en dan laat ek waai

Jy maak die mense bang

Kry ek nou 'n traan in my oog

ek het heeltyd trane in my oë gehad, veral toe ek klaar gery het en daai poppie my bene gevryf het...

Jy maak die mense bang

Nee man, nie by die monster nie....ek praat van saddlesores by joberg2c en toe ek die kukinwolkombers plyster moes afruk sonder dat die aunty my oukie geskeer het....

Nee man, nie by die monster nie....ek praat van saddlesores by joberg2c en toe ek die kukinwolkombers plyster moes afruk sonder dat die aunty my oukie geskeer het....

Jy maak my huil.