Argus Wind, Wheels?

koukie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the wind wasnt blowing, unless you going to win the race, those wheels aint gonna make a difference. except for the bling factor

Even if the wind wasnt blowing, unless you going to win the race, those wheels aint gonna make a difference. except for the bling factor

I think the OP is worried about the wind that's been predicted for Sunday........50km/h >

It's the strong gusts in Cape Town that is so ferocious

Plain wind with low gusts are fine to manage with 50mm

I have two sets of wheels for my road bike, 50mm deep sections and the standard giant wheels that came with the bike. Obviously I want to use the deep sections but considering the wind for Sunday will it be a stupid idea? I weigh around 63kg.

Deep sections will be interesting....

I'd opt for standard wheels but thats just me

You guys are making me nervous. Like jcza, I packed my bike on Sunday, with 50mm wheels. I am 95kg. Will I be ok?

Windguru reckons. South easter of 34 kph at 11 with 40 kph gusts. Should be a fun race. Ill be on my mtb with slicks so will be a long one.

You guys are making me nervous. Like jcza, I packed my bike on Sunday, with 50mm wheels. I am 95kg. Will I be ok?

Im not sure at 95kgs, will you be ok????

Mate, I am 92ish. Climbing is always a pain for us Clydesdales. Some irony though that the racing snakes (at last) has something to rattle their cage. I expect to be a bit more popular than usual on the flats going into the wind. I am taking my deep section ass...

I'm about 110kg, you'll be fine.

Mate, I am 92ish. Climbing is always a pain for us Clydesdales. Some irony though that the racing snakes (at last) has something to rattle their cage. I expect to be a bit more popular than usual on the flats going into the wind. I am taking my deep section ass...

It will be funny seeing the "look of fear" in the snakes eyes.

Im not sure at 95kgs, will you be ok????

Tell me about it. It's a killer on the hills.

Tell me about it. It's a killer on the hills.

I started at 103kgs. Currently 84kgs from cycling. I remember your pain, tough on the climbs but super fast downhill.

You will be fine on the hoops, just watch on Chappies decent and Suikerbossie Decent. Oh of course the start line for some reason the wind howls through that piece.

:thumbup: