Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Timing system was good. Easy to use.

As long as the end points aren't on fast flat sections. It may go pear-shaped for some.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first enduro so don't know how it was before but it worked a treat.

• Simple to use.
  • everyone starts from standing Start.
  • you go when you ready and not when someone tells you to.
  • No one to responsible for your time but yourself.
  • Instant printout with each SP results to compare with mates
  • final results within minutes of the last rider in.

All in all. seems flawless. I had no issues.

echo that....great solution the previous guy sitting with laptop at the top wasnt ideal. The tag system is boss for the reasons JC mentioned above...the instant printout is very cool.

My first enduro so don't know how it was before but it worked a treat.

• Simple to use.
  • everyone starts from standing Start.
  • you go when you ready and not when someone tells you to.
  • No one to responsible for your time but yourself.
  • Instant printout with each SP results to compare with mates
  • final results within minutes of the last rider in.

All in all. seems flawless. I had no issues.

echo that....great solution the previous guy sitting with laptop at the top wasnt ideal. The tag system is boss for the reasons JC mentioned above...the instant printout is very cool.

Great ... Im stoked it worked well first time out in JHB. 

I am looking at putting in a proposal to get extra pods and chips so as to cater for a couple more riders (and replace the 16 chips that have been lost so far), and to have more stages.

It really is such a simple system though - which is exactly what we need.

How did everyone find the KZNMTB timing system?

Worked like a charm, Nigel. As always!

Awesome event made even better with the new timing system. There is a rock 1/3 of the way down SP1 which I now OWN... Can't say I bought some land as I only hit 1 rock. Was told to Ice my cheek by the GF when I got home. I seems putting a cold beer against it was the wrong option  :whistling:  

Great banter in between stages as per usual. Well done to everyone fast and slow (then there is me, even slower).

That's was great, as always, Thanks Johan and Crew. The timing tags were awesome, allowed for us to ride in trains if we chose to.

nice to see the series growing and more riders coming out. Always new faces, would be nice to see more of the new faces become regulars.

A great day out again - now - who is going to take bets on me being at the next one, which just happens to be on my daughters birthday....

Anybody know when the results will be up and where?

Anybody know when the results will be up and where?

keep an eye on www.elitetiming.co.za

As they are the operators of our timing system it should be on their website sometime today.

Really like the timing system, I think it worked really well.

Only gripe with it was that the tag fell off at one stage - but luckily the group coming up the hill behind me had found it and picked it up.  Think the velco strap musta come loose.

How did everyone find the KZNMTB timing system?

Nige

Timing systems is great as always as Ive done loads of the KZN series  , however I picked up a flaw in the systems in the way that a few guys got out the gate and within a few meters had a chain drop or mechanical ect ect and it was easier to push back up to the start and fix it there  , and with the timing system is basically resets your time if you tag in again. possibly just need to change it to once you beep in thats you done and cant re tag again

Nige

Timing systems is great as always as Ive done loads of the KZN series  , however I picked up a flaw in the systems in the way that a few guys got out the gate and within a few meters had a chain drop or mechanical ect ect and it was easier to push back up to the start and fix it there  , and with the timing system is basically resets your time if you tag in again. possibly just need to change it to once you beep in thats you done and cant re tag again

You cant set it to not do a retag unfortunately as it just puts a timestamp on the card. .... That is why at a KZNMTB event we have commissaires at the start of each stage so that you cant retag as they have your numbers down on their lists.

This could actually be picked up by Shane however at final timing as the chip would then have 2 times coded on it for say SP2 start. So ... I will chat to him as then he needs to see if he can set it that it would use the first of each start times unless a Chief Commissaire has allowed a re-run.

There is actually nothing in the rules (CSA, or EWS) about that, as in international events they have commissaires at the start and once your time starts and you are in-stage thats it ... there is no do-overs, and this is regulated by the CSA commisaires at our races.

Maybe Johann can add this into his rulings for the following events. 

The onus however would still be on the riders to adhere to the rules. And then report riders who infringe on the rule - but again - as this is still just a "Fun" series it may ruin the comradare between the riders if everyone starts protesting everyone else. 

I would think that maybe Johann just add something into the briefing and rules for the Hakahana events that once you are in stage that is that - UNLESS you stop to help an injured rider - then it is on you the rider to register this with the organisers who would let you have another run.

I think thats the best way to do that.

You cant set it to not do a retag unfortunately as it just puts a timestamp on the card. .... That is why at a KZNMTB event we have commissaires at the start of each stage so that you cant retag as they have your numbers down on their lists.

When will you be visiting our rocks Mr Hicks?

Heinz gave me the dates a while back but I have forgotten when the next ones are.

Keen to come up for one or 2 of the next ones - most likely the 2 day one. 

My day ended before it really got started I had an off at the start of SP1 ( first off out of seven runs on that section!) and I severed my rear brake hose. Game over!

I spent the rest of the day watching you guys at the different obstacles to ease my FOMO. My only observation of the timing system is the lack of discipline from the next rider not allowing enough of a time gap. I saw many a rider being caught by faster riders who simply failed to give sufficient start gap even when the front guy asks for it. The process allows for a bit of common sense so if the front guy says he'll be slow give him a minute or two if needs be.

Oh yes and JC Meyer had the most interesting line of all at the new jump on SP74 the only one I saw that took the inside line and he made it, creative!

Edited by River Rat

Heinz gave me the dates a while back but I have forgotten when the next ones are.

Keen to come up for one or 2 of the next ones - most likely the 2 day one. 

Next one is on the 27th Aug and still got a room for you and Jo :)