Tirreno-Adriatico 12-18 March 2014

Cav'

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good man! Big confidence boost - I'm sure he really needed that one. He’s been under a lot of pressure to perform. The gorilla on his back is now a little vervet monkey...

What's the official line from SKY? They told us that Froome would be better than last year even, that Porte would be a TDF winner on any other team. (Oh, and that Sir Sideburns wants to win Paris-Roubaix...)

And now it seems Froome is likely needing back surgery, and Porte, well, the less said the better.

If they asked me, and they wont, my advice would be shut the hell up and ride.

Yeah, I know it's early season, but you're only as good as your last win. Porte's last? And then he cracked so bad he nearly gave Froome's TDF away.

Edited by Cellar

Kreuziger is looking strong. Riding big blade on that climb??? Although Contador's my guy he is still not looking as smooth as in previous years.

That's a bit harsh Cellar.

Richie is doing okay imo, he finished with the second group today, he is 34 sec down now. The TTT is what puts Michal in the lead. Its a first class field there, in terms of climbers, sprinters, all-rounders

The back op for Chris was a rumour, what they said he just needs some rest.

Gerain Thomas was doing well in Paris-Nice until he had a big crash today, but made it home, although far back, 7 mins.

Edited by kosmonooit

'Berto looking good with those surging attacks that makes everybody else look pedestrian.

Nice to see that dancing on the pedals again.

Compared to the metronome steadiness of Nairo and praying mantis windmill of Froome Dawg.

2014 GC fights are gonna be so good this year on the big climbs.

Good stage but to me there was many guys that looked strong and today will be a good show.

Good win by Berto but he really did not do much on the climb...folllowed wheels into a headwind mostly.Porte and Quintana look good and did most of the attacking or chasing.

Also Scarponi and Kreuzinger put on a great race all the way up the climb.Kreuzinger basicly begged Berto to jump over to him so they can ride away but Berto just sat on Scarpo and Quintana's wheel.

Old man Horner also in there.

Hope Mikal can hold on also but not sure how he will go on the really steep stuff they have to do today.