life after Argus

Toon63

This is my first year of doing races and done the Argus MTB and Argus Cycle tour

what is the next MTB race to train for in Western Cape that very popular? and as good as these Argus races?

Edited by Toon63

Go do the MTN Tulbagh race on Saturday, a very nice challenge

April - June is kind of quiet, mostly smaller local mtb races, quite a few worth doing.

Next really "big" one is Knysna Cycle Tour early July (mtb and road)

Go do the MTN Tulbagh race on Saturday, a very nice challenge

April - June is kind of quiet, mostly smaller local mtb races, quite a few worth doing.

Next really "big" one is Knysna Cycle Tour early July (mtb and road)

Where can I get a definitive list of all the MTB races in the Western Cape from small races to the large ones. Possibly Road as well?

Where can I get a definitive list of all the MTB races in the Western Cape from small races to the large ones. Possibly Road as well?

This one got all the mtb events worth doing

http://www.dirtopia.co.za/calendar

Road - Nothing happening until September (unless you are into league racing), PPA should have something on their website by July/August

Look at the Events tab on the Hub

Events tab on PPA website

Races tab on Bicycling mag.

Also Dirtopia as listed above by Skubarra

Big races;

Mtn Tulbagh this Saturday- (you can enter on race day)

Knysna races in July

Die Burger Mtb race in Aug?

Karoo2Coast in Sept

There's also a bunch of stage races

Edited by Pooyan

This is my first year of doing races and done the Argus MTB and Argus Cycle tour

what is the next MTB race to train for in Western Cape that very popular? and as good as these Argus races?

www.alltheevents.co.za lists MTB, road, running, tri etc. events - I find their list to be the most comprehensive and user-friendly (can search by type / month / region etc) with links to event details.

@ Sywurm, event on 20th (Easter Sunday) at Solms Delta in Franschhoek.

Explore trails with mates - Welvanpas / Jonkershoek / Schapenberg / Oak Valley-Thandi / Tygerberg

Arabella Challenge

Houw Hoek Tour

Sani

Knysna

Karoo to Coast

Transbaviaans

W2W

Hell n Back

Should keep you busy until Burger seeding ride in December.

if the argus and 94.7 are the highlights of ur MTB year u need to start doing some real events! both those are oversubscribed and that makes them unpleasant.

if the argus and 94.7 are the highlights of ur MTB year u need to start doing some real events! both those are oversubscribed and that makes them unpleasant.

Some of the smaller and less know races are way more fun and much better to ride than the 'big' races. The one race I enjoyed last year was the 80km mtb race at the Oyster Festival in Knysna (and this is a big one).

Explore trails with mates - Welvanpas / Jonkershoek / Schapenberg / Oak Valley-Thandi / Tygerberg

Should keep you busy until Burger seeding ride in December.

Yup, that's what I decided too. We're planning our own 3-day mtb "tour" including the above. :)