Car drove into me this morn - end of my Ironman

kingalton

Ill say it anyway, facts are facts (mods and admatt can give me a ban but they know I am right)

Cars drive like complete arseholes, in actual fact *****

They have no regard for anyone on the road, they drive like this because there is no enforcement of the laws.

They have no respect for themselves, let alone anyone else, they are plain selfish.

This is the main reason why I dont own a road bicycle, I however do ride a motorbike to and from work and that is bad enough.

Yesterday I was going over the highway on Cambridge road and turning left onto Witkoppen Road, traffic as usual on Witkoppen there is crawling so the cars often stop on green as they cant cross because of standstill.

The lights for Witkoppen traffic goes red and my Green comes on, I start going and this white Golf 6 on Witkoppen which was stopped at his red just gaps it through the red and cuts on the inside of me. I pull my visor up and ask the indian chap if that was necessary to go through the red and almost hit me, he tells me that he saw me and did not hit me so what is my problem?

I was not aggressive at all and said my problem is that you went through a red light and almost hit me, he then starts provoking me saying repeatedly "what are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do about it."

Nobody gives a crap about anyone, we have no rule of law, our police are criminals themselves as well as the elected government.

Spot on could not have said it better myself. I ride roadie for exercise and motorcycle to work everyday. Everyday I have near misses. It has become an everyday experience and way of life. Cant wait for some idiot to challenge me though "what you gonna do about it" boy is this person gonna get a surprise !!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that is bad!!Sorry that had to happen to you so close to the big day.Was it going to be your first IM?

Think we saw you guys yesterday....just after bronkies on that back road heading to cullinan?

I always wear gloves while training, saturday was the first time in years that I didn't..

this is what your hand looks like if you fall without..

getting them cleaned at the hospital was FUN

post-9048-0-48512900-1395040211_thumb.jpg

post-9048-0-90015100-1395040215_thumb.jpg

post-9048-0-25217900-1395040222_thumb.jpg

post-9048-0-60141200-1395040226_thumb.jpg

Man that is bad!!Sorry that had to happen to you so close to the big day.Was it going to be your first IM?

Think we saw you guys yesterday....just after bronkies on that back road heading to cullinan?

yebo, it was us and my first IM

broken hand eish, you will feel that one for long while riding cold days and long rides i still feel the pain in my left hand that i broke it in matric

broken hand eish, you will feel that one for long while riding cold days and long rides i still feel the pain in my left hand that i broke it in matric

Broken hand and it looks like the roasties go all the way to the tendons in 2 places... not cool!!!

Oh No! really sorry Alton hope you heal quickly and can get back on the bike soon I know how passionate about the sport you are. Good luck with the op today.

Another IM hopefull was ran over yesterday morning outside Bloemfontein by a citizen returning home from a night club. He broke his pelvis.

Who was this Garf and where did it happen?

It is sad to say but I am really looking forward to this Ironman season being over and getting back on my mtb. Think this will be my last season for a while. It is just not safe on the roads anymore. I will probably do another sometime in the future but all training will be done on dirt. Not ideal but that is how I feel at the moment, rather safe than ...

Jeez dude that is really **** luck! at least you survived! although you don't want to hear it right now, ironman will be there next year! recover well and know that all your training is not in vain!! :(

Even if we stick to the rules and ride single file, this happens, I think it is safer to ride 2 abreast, cars take less chances when passing!!

This comment beggars belief. You are part of the problem, not the solution with an attitude like this.

yebo, it was us and my first IM

eina. sorry to hear the tough luck. Would hope they carry your entry over for next year for circumstance like this.

This comment beggars belief. You are part of the problem, not the solution with an attitude like this.

thanks for the comment sweetheart..

I was sticking to the rules on my ride if you read correctly..

The comment I made came from frustration.. I stick to the rules, but sometimes rules are meant to be challenged.. wakeup!!

Man, I can only say it sucks, Focus now on healing what is done is done you cannot change it get Better not Bitter. You are alive and that's what matters!

Still sore after 45 years?