Stumpjumper FSR vs PYGA oneten

Dawels

Ive dealt with the concept store in Somerset and BMT in Stellies and both have said there are no stumpies around!

Ive emailed a few stores but doublt they will have one and if they do as good a price that Ive been 'offered' before.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the cheaper models always go first. I suggest you save some more and get the carbon model. :D

Also, a word of advice. Never email bike shops. They are bombarded daily with *** questions and requests for quotes. Go to the shop, speak to the guys and negotiate a deal.

Edited by Johny Bravo

I haven't read all 8 pages, so forgive me, but has anyone suggested the new Giant Anthem 27'5". I'm a XC / marathon guy, but I'm looking for a fun bike and the Anthem 650b ticks all the boxes?

I haven't read all 8 pages, so forgive me, but has anyone suggested the new Giant Anthem 27'5". I'm a XC / marathon guy, but I'm looking for a fun bike and the Anthem 650b ticks all the boxes?
on the flesh that anthem is one sexy bike

I ride a new Anthem 27.5, awesome bike.

But for the OP's purpose the Trance is the way to go, 140mm Maestro suspension in 650b must be huge fun!

So some bad news guys,

Stumpjumper FSR comp sold out. So basically spend 38k on a carbon stumpjumper or wait a couple of months for a PYGA which Im not too keen on anymore.

Any thoughts on other trail/enduro bikes to compare to the alu stumpjumper at 27k? Would look at the Rocky Altitude but it only comes in a 650b.

.......................fml

Don't fret, could be a blessing in disguise.

Go try out an Altitude, Rocky Mountain suspension design is top class. My Slayer has the best rear suspension i have ever felt, absolute zero effect on chain and rear brake when active. I ride a narrow wide up front with a clutchless derailleur and haven't dropped a chain once in 5 months of riding it.

RM bikes are doing very well in the Cape Enduro races as well. :ph34r:

Contact Jaco at The Bike Shed, ask if they have one to test, i'm sure you'll dig it.

Ill have to go ride the altitude. Just remember that I have to enjoy the climbs as well! The slayer will be amazing dh but as RM said is a goat uphill.

Concept store in somerset west quoted me 38k for com carbon fsr stumpy with dropper post (3500) and flat pedals (1000).

Ill have to go ride the altitude. Just remember that I have to enjoy the climbs as well! The slayer will be amazing dh but as RM said is a goat uphill.

Concept store in somerset west quoted me 38k for com carbon fsr stumpy with dropper post (3500) and flat pedals (1000).

Ill say it one more time as i was in same boat as you. The camber climbs brilliantly and it rails the downhills. Chuck on a dropper and there is nothing you cant tackle trust me its a beast. Climbs like an epic descends like a stumpy. Best all complete bike out there. ( I looked at Tallboy,Pyga/Stumpy etc Camber in carbon form is the one.)

Did not get the greatest of reviews? Or am I wrong.

Yip that article basically says that the stumpy 29 er eve is the best bike out there but if you really insist on smaller wheels you can have this. Bottom line just get the stumpy 29 it's better for sa conditions and these so called experts rate it as the bees knees