Rant: Linden Cycles

Beast Tech

I did read, and quoted your words, verbatim. Sorry if I missed the example. Wasn't me asking the question about booking it in by the way.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to complain to the owner remember her name is Joneen. Never seen her wearing shoes and looks like she brushes her hair with a fire cracker but that lady knows how to run a bike shop, sure she will have you sorted in no time at all.

Was about to say its JONEEN.. see she helps when you dont even know her name :thumbup:

If you read my words in the context of the thread it is quite the opposite...

I was merely using that as an example in reply to your question of having to book it in like everyone else. I would never use the tool myself, I agree that is wrong. I was just emphasizing that to book a bike in for a week is a bit extreme when the process will only take two minutes.

Linden cycles is such a soft spot for everybody it seems, and I knew it would be. Just I ask for you to read and think before you jump to attacking me

Workshops have a booking system for a reason. If the workshop staff have to drop what they doing for everyone who wants something done while they wait cause it will just take a minute, then the speed and quality of their work will take a serious knock.

Out of interest, what type of BB is it? The old cup and cone BBs that I have worked on have hex heads, so you just need a std ring flat spanner of the correct size, of if worst comes to worst, a shifting spanner.

Hold on. Back it up a bit. In your opening post you mention that you went to the shop seeking a bit of help.

"Doing my first restoration project and struggling with the BB I popped in there asking for assistance"

However it would now appear as if you wanted to borrow a tool?

I just needed the tool, I would have gone to the back and done it myself, would have taken 2 minutes

If you were to go to any service centre and asked to borrow a tool to repair/fix/adjust/whatever they actually do as part of their business I am sure that most if not all would ask you to book your thingymabob into their shop so that they could actually earn money from the tool they purchased for just such a job, surely? Or am I missing a trick here? Kind of like going to a stationery shop and asking to borrow a pen, no?

Thank goodness, for a minute there I thought my favourite bike shop standards were slipping.

+1

Linden Cycles = royal game.

You want 50 pages of support? Then say it was Cajees.

You want 100 pages of evenly divided knock-down-drag-out Hub fight? Then say it was Cyclelab.

+1

Problem is resolved, so I am hoping this doesn't get any more messy.

http://www.thewashingmachinepost.net/cover_images_26/campag-bottom-bracket.jpg

This is the one in question, its got those little indents, the tool kind of looks like a sickle

Linden cycles is such a soft spot for everybody it seems, and I knew it would be. Just I ask for you to read and think before you jump to attacking me

Dude, this can of worms was opened by yourself...

But I actually kind of agree with you on the point that they have a lot of youngsters there on Sat mornings.

Personaly, I haven't had a good experience from them, so I just make as if I'm browsing till one of the seasoned vets is free, then pounce like a tiger...

But I actually kind of agree with you on the point that they have a lot of youngsters there on Sat mornings.

Personaly, I haven't had a good experience from them, so I just make as if I'm browsing till one of the seasoned vets is free, then pounce like a tiger...

Indeed it was, and I did expect the reactions I got.

That is a good plan, I will look into it next time, or maybe I should phone the owner before I come :ph34r: ;)

When you bought the BB and the frame from Linden, did you ask them to help you fit it, or did you buy the BB elsewhere and then take it to Linden to fit it for you ?

Because if it is the latter, why complain because they chose not to drop everything to "help" you at your convenience and to the inconvenience of their service centre and all their shoppers.

I think the idea that any business is under any obligation to go " beyond customer expectations" purely because you decided to set foot in their door, is objectively unreasonable. Why should they be forced to contract with you purely on your terms ?

Try and look at it from their point of view

....., or maybe I should phone the owner store before I come :ph34r: ;)

Now there is a good idea.

Ask them when it would be convenient for them to look at a small technical problem you need them to sort out for you.

It is called making an appointment and many busy businesses in many industries use that as a system .....

Edited by eddy

A company is nothing more than the people in that company, in this case the salesmen. You should not need to phone the owner every time you have a bad experience.

Just a question, if you go somewhere and you receive bad customer service, which makes more sense, a rant on thehubsa or any other social media platform, or addressing it with the owner / senior manangement to resolve the issue whereby they are made aware of the situation and can then improve on the customer service they offer? Just saying.... :ph34r:

Makes sense though. They can't hire more expensive, experienced people full time just to cover how busy they are on a Saturday. So hire a bunch of cheap youngsters with basic knowledge to help you sell bikes on Saturday and keep your core group of experienced staff to help customers during the week.

Makes sense though. They can't hire more expensive, experienced people full time just to cover how busy they are on a Saturday. So hire a bunch of cheap youngsters with basic knowledge to help you sell bikes on Saturday and keep your core group of experienced staff to help customers during the week.

True.

I am in a similar retail environment, and we manage our casuals like assistants. And we know that regulars will wait to talk to the permanent team.

Weekend guys are ones that need something to start, or smalls, or just to shoot the breeze. If we can see there is someone that needs special assistance, we step in.

But without the casuals, Saturday would be bedouin.

I did read, and quoted your words, verbatim. Sorry if I missed the example. Wasn't me asking the question about booking it in by the way.

Plenty. Don't you work brother. This guy is correct. Linden is like Cajees these days

My last few experiences at linden have been pleasant. I cant say that for price.. Bought my last two bikes elsewhere as they are just insane with prices. But i still do my services there.

Plenty. Don't you work brother. This guy is correct. Linden is like Cajees these days

Got to love your keyboard warriors...

• 2 months later...

anybody know if LC has an email address that works?

working in an open plan and hence not ideal to call for personal stuff outside of lunchtime