Epic too easy?

jaaki

Not impossible, but he would at least have done a mass of endurance events prior to that.

The math is not that difficult.

6-8 hours a week (7 days) to 8-9 hours for 7 days, not impossible ,but plain stupid unless he has a long history.

OH SO IT IS POSSIBLE JUST NOT SOMETHING YOU COULD DO,SO MAYBE HIS FRIEND IS STONG AND HAS EPIC JEANS

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a pro so it doesn't matter what I say. I love road biking as much as MTB'ing. Hell, I'm even planning to get me vintage bike for commuting. give me a bmx and I will go on a bmx track and try my luck. I wanna also try my luck on a unicycle sometime, LOL

I think Roadies have big or bigger balls than MTB'ers . and this is my reason, they go into every race and ride in pelaton knowing that any given time a mistake in the front can cause everyone to tumble and at most times there is bloody nothing you can do about it. You will crash into the guy in front of you at 40km/h and chances some will plough into you from behind. You could get a crank rip your head off at that speed, you can get badly hurt and it is not your fault nor or in your control, putting your body in the hands of other riders is definitely brave.

Similarly these downhill okes do crazy stuff as well so I would say we are all cyclist, we are all brave, definitely braver than those sitting on the couch. I'm sure that there are many roadies that if they switch to MTB they will do well and vice versa.

Edited by Oufy MTB

ride in the peleton behind other okes.

Yes roadies are hard but half the time someone else is doing the work for you,

Timetrails are hardcore

Sitting on someone wheel most of the time is not

ride in the peleton behind other okes.

Yes roadies are hard but half the time someone else is doing the work for you,

Timetrails are hardcore

Sitting on someone wheel most of the time is not

FUNNY HOW ROADIES ARE QUICK TO "BRAG" ABOUT SUCKING ANOTHER GUYS....WHEEL :ph34r:

Not impossible, but he would at least have done a mass of endurance events prior to that.

The math is not that difficult.

6-8 hours a week (7 days) to 8-9 hours for 7 days, not impossible ,but plain stupid unless he has a long history.

Definitely possible to ride it with that few hours, maybe not in the top 50% but just ride to finish it.

My wife just rode it and im sure if she can then its possible for most stronger riders

But she did ride Tankwa and Gardenroute 300 before that so that might have helped quite a bit

What makes it difficult for me is when your partner has a stomach bug for 2 days and getting him through 2 tough days, and then it is your turn, or when the mud strikes and you lose your front der and only have one blade to climb etc!! Pushing each other up on the climbs and on the flats..

What makes it difficult for me is when your partner has a stomach bug for 2 days and getting him through 2 tough days, and then it is your turn, or when the mud strikes and you lose your front der and only have one blade to climb etc!! Pushing each other up on the climbs and on the flats..

That's rof

:-O

spoke to a guy who did support for 30+ teams at the epic, all the teams finished this year. suppose u can look at the DNF to chk if its getting harder.

anyone have those numbers?

The hardest part about the ACE is getting an entry and then paying for it :whistling:

Touchè!