Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

I have not and can not follow the entire thread.

I have been informed that a lawyers letter was sent and posted ? any one know what page the letter (if one ) is on ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTION :

what is the retail price of a Campagnola electronic group set at the moment ?

the group set in question

Edited by bassasdaindia

I have not and can not follow the entire thread.

I have been informed that a lawyers letter was sent and posted ? any one know what page the letter (if one ) is on ?

stucaz, on 02 April 2014 - 11:39 , said:

Cycle Science Reply to Armstrongs letters on Hub

1. On advice from our Counsel we shall not respond substantively to the content of your posting across social media platforms including Cycle Hub and Facebook on 01 April 2014 at this stage and not doing so shall in no way either be construed as an admission of the content or a waiver of our right to reply substantively in the appropriate forum should this become necessary, which right is strictly reserved.

2. The dispute pertaining between us in this regard shall (on your legal representative’s advice) shortly be the subject matter of litigation which we shall vigorously oppose on (among others) the grounds detailed through the exchange of correspondence between our respective legal representatives over approximately the past month.

3. Among the malicious injurious falsehoods you are persisting in disseminating across social media platforms is your posting on 02 April 2014 of the invoice issued for goods purchased by yourself dated 21 November 2013 while deliberately neglecting to disclose that (as you are abundantly aware) you specifically agreed to and paid only R 37 500-00 for the bicycle (consisting of a frame (at your insistence sprayed a particular shade of black), head set, handle bars, wheels and saddle column) sourced exclusively for you at your insistence and request pursuant to the agreement concluded between us.

4. The balance of the amount paid by you was for the purchase of a Campagnolo Record (Electronic) group set (consisting of the pedal’s, crank’s, bottom bracket, bearings, front and rear derailers, chain, gear cluster, cables, chain blades and brake mechanisms), a Sella Italia saddle, tyres and tubes for the bicycle and certain related miscellaneous items.

5. You have similarly deliberately neglected to disclose across the social media platforms that (a) having taken delivery of the completed bicycle on or about beginning December 2013 you enjoy a five year warranty (fully supported by us) on the bicycle and components, that (b) you in fact used the bicycle without complaint for several months and that © on numerous occasions over the aforementioned period you informed us and others that the bicycle you had purchased from us gave you the best ride you had ever experienced.

6. Should you continue spreading malicious injurious falsehoods across social media platforms and / or otherwise we shall not hesitate to institute such legal proceedings as may be available to us to protect our good name and standing in the cycling industry.

7. Furthermore we shall institute and prosecute such claim against you as may be available to us in order to recover the substantial damage your recent action across social media platforms and through engaging with our existing clients has already (and continues) to cause to our business.

8. Finally we shall under no circumstances whatsoever be drawn into “litigation” via social media platforms and / or correspondence and confirm that any legal action eventually instituted by yourself shall be vigorously opposed.

9. Needless to state our rights remain strictly reserved.

Cycle Science has blatantly committed fraud against their customers and I'm pretty confident that they're guilty of tax evasion too.

I'm amazed how so many of us seem to expect so little recourse from unlawful behavior. From the president to the man in the street... get caught stealing... oh they should pay it back... YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED actually!

A LOT.

Price isn't, and shouldn't be, relevant.

how much is a lot;

after reading the lawyers response

I am trying to work out what the OP was charged for the fake frame,wheels and handle bars

Where were these frames advertised Gummibear?

Agreed, the Evo definitely looks fake... The forks shape, the cabling and the BB look out of sorts.

There was a guy from EL selling fake Cannondales. He was kicked off the Hub. You might find him on Gumtree

how much is a lot;

after reading the lawyers response

I am trying to work out what the OP was charged for the fake frame,wheels and handle bars

Everything you want to know is in the thread.

I know it's a pain in the buttocks to have to read the whole thread, but everything you ask has been asked and answered before!

Andrew, was there any insinuation that you were being sold a "grey" article that had bypassed official channels?

stucaz, on 02 April 2014 - 11:39 , said:

Cycle Science Reply to Armstrongs letters on Hub

1. On advice from our Counsel we shall not respond substantively to the content of your posting across social media platforms including Cycle Hub and Facebook on 01 April 2014 at this stage and not doing so shall in no way either be construed as an admission of the content or a waiver of our right to reply substantively in the appropriate forum should this become necessary, which right is strictly reserved.

2. The dispute pertaining between us in this regard shall (on your legal representative’s advice) shortly be the subject matter of litigation which we shall vigorously oppose on (among others) the grounds detailed through the exchange of correspondence between our respective legal representatives over approximately the past month.

3. Among the malicious injurious falsehoods you are persisting in disseminating across social media platforms is your posting on 02 April 2014 of the invoice issued for goods purchased by yourself dated 21 November 2013 while deliberately neglecting to disclose that (as you are abundantly aware) you specifically agreed to and paid only R 37 500-00 for the bicycle (consisting of a frame (at your insistence sprayed a particular shade of black), head set, handle bars, wheels and saddle column) sourced exclusively for you at your insistence and request pursuant to the agreement concluded between us.

4. The balance of the amount paid by you was for the purchase of a Campagnolo Record (Electronic) group set (consisting of the pedal’s, crank’s, bottom bracket, bearings, front and rear derailers, chain, gear cluster, cables, chain blades and brake mechanisms), a Sella Italia saddle, tyres and tubes for the bicycle and certain related miscellaneous items.

5. You have similarly deliberately neglected to disclose across the social media platforms that (a) having taken delivery of the completed bicycle on or about beginning December 2013 you enjoy a five year warranty (fully supported by us) on the bicycle and components, that (b) you in fact used the bicycle without complaint for several months and that © on numerous occasions over the aforementioned period you informed us and others that the bicycle you had purchased from us gave you the best ride you had ever experienced.

6. Should you continue spreading malicious injurious falsehoods across social media platforms and / or otherwise we shall not hesitate to institute such legal proceedings as may be available to us to protect our good name and standing in the cycling industry.

7. Furthermore we shall institute and prosecute such claim against you as may be available to us in order to recover the substantial damage your recent action across social media platforms and through engaging with our existing clients has already (and continues) to cause to our business.

8. Finally we shall under no circumstances whatsoever be drawn into “litigation” via social media platforms and / or correspondence and confirm that any legal action eventually instituted by yourself shall be vigorously opposed.

9. Needless to state our rights remain strictly reserved.

No mention of if the frame is a fake or not?