Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Just yesterday heard of something similar that happened with regards to a Samsung Galaxy Note that was bought from a well known cell phone outlet, and no, I will not name and shame. I do not like legal hounds on my trail. The said item was so perfectly copied, that a person who does mobile development could almost not see the difference, until the unit failed some of his firmware tests. He opened the device and saw that the processor was fake. They approached Samsung and the fake was confirmed.

so..what you say is that a normal ussd sms to the samdung servers with the imei, all cleared as ok?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USSD or SMS? I do not know the Samsung stuff that well. I should ask the guy if the IMEI was in the Samsung range. Could be interesting. I don't think he registered a SIM in it yet. He picked up the issue before. He does SIM app development, so might have picked it up as he was testing his app and the responses to the API was not according to full spec.

Guest EdEdEd

well if the rumours can be believed that the shop "looks like business as usual" then clearly there is a gap in the market, and clearly cyclists dont care, if it was a issue there would be a sign on the door saying FIRE SALE/FOR SALE everything must go,,,,i have heard from many hubbers the shop is still full,,,,,i dont know like i said maybe with everyone importing their own components they are more used to the idea, and its not a case of

CLOSE DOWN BECAUSE OF THIS BEEEEEG SCANDAL ???

All the sheep are flocking there now to get their chinarellos in time!

THEN CLEARLY THERE IS A MARKET,,,as one of the hubbers said turn the scandal around and advertise the best chinarellos around, not even the locals can spot the difference :ph34r: :whistling:

GET GIVEN LEMONS PULL OUT THE TEQUILA

:clap: :whistling:

Soon every man and his dog will have a Pina lookalike, and the whole exclusivity thing will be history. :ph34r:

Edited by Moridin

Only thing that will stop these guys is real pain, like criminal court cases against them, being civilly sued.

Right now it looks like they are just riding out a little bumpy patch, no biggie, we pretty much untouchable because the Sa police has got too many murders and fake cigarette importers to be bothered with a few rich guys and their expensive toys. We may be jumping the gun a little bit though, for guys like these the authorities have a way of randomly pitching up at their door with a bunch of warrants when they least expect it, suppose these guys still have many sleepless nights ahead of them, not sure why they don't want to just come clean and make good with the guys they screwed, much easier and cheaper in the long run, even at this late stage of the game.

Edited by Skylark

First question is what were you doing within 10 kms of CS?

:-O

Europa next to CS

Did you guys see the Pinas on display at Cycle Lab as you walk in?

:clap: :whistling:

Soon every man and his dog will have a Pina lookalike, and the whole exclusivity thing will be history. :ph34r:

Saw a few Ghost road bikes at the race yesterday. I'd take a non-exclusive chinarello over one of those uglies any day.

Guest DieBees

So I called CS today to see what they are up to. I spoke sone business and got some pricing all seemes to be in par with the market. I then stumbled into the the CB thing and what the story was with AA. Robbie who I believe I spoke to openly flamed against AA, CB and the hub. He was very vocal about te character of all the people scrumming against them ad trying to take them to task.

At point I asked him, listen, How do you know Im just a member whom has time to talk crap, maybe Im from the media or AA's Attorney for that matter, and the phone got hung up on me.

Im sorry but this is poor character. I called back and another gentleman answered, he said that he prefers to deal with people on the shop floor so I must come in....

Saw a few Ghost road bikes at the race yesterday. I'd take a non-exclusive chinarello over one of those uglies any day.

Is this a Ghost bike? ;-)post-55482-0-07121400-1397595043_thumb.jpg

Guest EdEdEd

Is this a Ghost bike? ;-)post-55482-0-07121400-1397595043_thumb.jpg

Nope... that is a Ghost's bike!

Nope... that is a Ghost's bike!

Sharp :clap: ... in fact sharper than a scalpel ..... but wait, isnt that another bike? :D :D :D :D

Guest EdEdEd

CB should stage an interview with these okes for our intertainment...

Special guest: Gerrie Nel!!!