Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Photshop can make clothes seethru :eek: :eek: Dam i really need to book myself on a user course pronto!!!

Its all about layers.. so the way I see it you still need a kaal pic below the clothed layer. But maybe he has Photoshop 007 specifically developed for MI5.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting late, I wonder how well the guys from cycle science are going to sleep tonight?

I would be surprised if they slept at all after they sold this man a fake for 91 f'ing K!!!!!!!!!!

I would be surprised if they slept at all after they sold this man a fake for 91 f'ing K!!!!!!!!!!

Whooosaaaaa, the 91 f'ing K, included a groupset, fake most bars and DT swiss(yet to be identified) Wheels.....

Sleep tite :P

From a different angle. I have known Robbie and John for many years now. I really like the guys and they are not bad people. I also know one, if not more of the people who purchased a fake bike from them. Also great people and good friends.

Having watched this saga unfold over the past few weeks it is very clear that there are some very angry customers and a bike shop that very clearly "lost its way" and did not understand the law. Now they will suffer the consequences.

The cycling community is such a tight family and an amazing one to be a part of. Just make sure you treat it with the same respect and appreciation or it will shut you down.

At least this has brought all of our attention to the constant influx of fake bikes and components and in future we will be more educated and aware of what to look out for.

I hope all parties involved manage to sort this out amicably.

Whooosaaaaa, the 91 f'ing K, included a groupset, fake most bars and DT swiss(yet to be identified) Wheels.....

Sleep tite :P

I blame you meezo. Cycling Science saw your chinese thread and got ideas. :w00t:

Edited by YUMEYA

lets cut through all the bull crap.

how did the fake bike ride/feel compared to the real deal??

(putting aside the fact that failure is possible with the fake...)

i just want to know if you could tell the difference when riding them?

I have seen one of the bikes and its a seriously nice looking bike. I would ride one any day just not for R90 grand.

From a different angle. I have known Robbie and John for many years now. I really like the guys and they are not bad people. I also know one, if not more of the people who purchased a fake bike from them. Also great people and good friends.

Having watched this saga unfold over the past few weeks it is very clear that there are some very angry customers and a bike shop that very clearly "lost its way" and did not understand the law. Now they will suffer the consequences.

The cycling community is such a tight family and an amazing one to be a part of. Just make sure you treat it with the same respect and appreciation or it will shut you down.

At least this has brought all of our attention to the constant influx of fake bikes and components and in future we will be more educated and aware of what to look out for.

so this is not an isolated case then... it seems to be an established modus operandi... scaly indeed!

Out of interest sake, were the other people you know scammed in to believing they were buying the real deal or were they aware that it were fakes?

With a proper dose of Zumatology and Malemanomics applied, this saga can carry on ad infinitum.........

so this is not an isolated case then... it seems to be an established modus operandi... scaly indeed!

Established, calculated, premeditated and very profitable apparently. Cycle Psychos sound extremely DODGE!

Getting back to the dodge invoice, It reminds me of the type of invoice that a shop would quickly throw together when and if a customer needed a warranty on a item but had lost the original invoice.

So, as has been asked since this thread began, someone comes out in defense of the perps. I'm sure there are more that will attest to their being "nice guys etc" but as you clearly state in your post, they have been dealing in fake bikes for some time already. Clearly it's one thing to sell fakes and be open about them being fakes. It is, however, entirely another thing to pass them off as the real deal. That is fraud!

I wonder what will happen to the other fake bike owners, if the OP gets a judgement in his favour and receives his money back or other compensation. This will open the door for the other guys to also lodge claims for the fraudulent bikes sold to them.

Lastly, your statement that they didn't know the law, doesn't ring true (I'm not saying you were lying, but them making such a claim) as they have been in the industry for many years (as is stated on their website) and one would assume that they should know the industry well by this time, including the scourge of fake bikes in the market and the damage being done to official importers and retailers.

Out of interest sake, were the other people you know scammed in to believing they were buying the real deal or were they aware that it were fakes?

They say without doubt that they were never informed. I don't know anyone who would spend R90 grand on a fake bike do you?

It appears I was wrong. Looks like Podio Importers is Cycle Science's actual trading name.

post-40232-0-37867300-1396384579_thumb.jpg

So, as has been asked since this thread began, someone comes out in defense of the perps. I'm sure there are more that will attest to their being "nice guys etc" but as you clearly state in your post, they have been dealing in fake bikes for some time already. Clearly it's one thing to sell fakes and be open about them being fakes. It is, however, entirely another thing to pass them off as the real deal. That is fraud!

I wonder what will happen to the other fake bike owners, if the OP gets a judgement in his favour and receives his money back or other compensation. This will open the door for the other guys to also lodge claims for the fraudulent bikes sold to them.

Lastly, your statement that they didn't know the law, doesn't ring true (I'm not saying you were lying, but them making such a claim) as they have been in the industry for many years (as is stated on their website) and one would assume that they should know the industry well by this time, including the scourge of fake bikes in the market and the damage being done to official importers and retailers.

100% if you are selling a fake bike or components then tell people its fake and make it clear. Its fraud not to tell someone its fake but its also counterfeit, trademark and copyright infringement to sell goods with someone elses brand name, design and intellectual property without their consent.

I said they did not know the law. Its not something they said. If they never knew it before then they certainly know it now!

Just an exercise for the thread followers:

Spot the fake(s) (replicas in this case).

(Original will reach anything between R1-2.5mil)

post-41755-0-06520300-1396385046_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-39258900-1396385063_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-15243800-1396385682_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-85677500-1396385697_thumb.jpg

Edited by BarHugger