Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Attached copy of invoice for bike, for the curious, still hurts.

Thanks again for sharing your experience here, Andrew'

All the best

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially since the invoice says Dogma...

With that the shop have no defence to say they said/or implied/or he knew it was a fake,

The invoice says Dogma, by that it was sold/implied as the real thing, whatever they trying to say now.

G

Let clear something here...

Grey import is basically a parallel import of the same goods available locally just at a cheaper price. These are not supported by the local distributor........HiFi Corporation sold grey imports for many many years....It is also my understanding that grey imports although not supported locally are NOT illegal.

Counterfeight goods on the other hand are illegal and the law needs to take its course in dealing with these products. In this case the Chinarello is indeed a counterfeight and not a grey product as has been confirmed by the local distributor as such. The OP therefore has legal recourse against the shop amongst other things.

Thanks again for sharing your experience here, Andrew'

All the best

Yip, thanks Andrew...you have probably manage to save alot of crocodile tears of potential customers. Good karma for you...the wheel turns :thumbup:

One wonders how many fake bikes are actually out there now and how long has this actually been going on, could the Invoice 005 indicate this to be the fifth dodgy deal?

(read carefully now) i am not saying this is the case since i believe what the op is saying ,, but bike shops do makE "mock up" invoices as do jewelers for insurance purposes for "REPLACEMENT" cost when a item is sold for less than full retail, walk into a jeweler you will get 2 invoices without asking, so maybe they kept the sale off the books and gave a dummy invoice!! i am not saying this is the case but you guys asked about the invoice this is a possibility

You do realise that, here on the Hub, reading carefully, is a seriously under-utilised skill. :D

i am trying to be SUPER careful lately some hubbers are very tightly wound and i dont want to be attacked for questioning the OP intentions and principles

Guest Karma

Yip, thanks Andrew...you have probably manage to save alot of crocodile tears of potential customers. Good karma for you...the wheel turns :thumbup:

I try.

Just worried about the set of ZTR Arch wheels i bought there a couple of yrs ago. Now refitted for MTB use not road use. Hope there are not too many Stanzz manufacturers out there using kakky Aluminaminamnium. Ho hum, will get it checked. PS, did not get an invoice for these when i bought em, and to be honest i did not demand one.

Hope most of their products were real. Sad to see a bike shop flamed like this due to stupidity and poor understanding. Hope OP and shop resolve issues one way or another.

Just worried about the set of ZTR Arch wheels i bought there a couple of yrs ago. Now refitted for MTB use not road use. Hope there are not too many Stanzz manufacturers out there using kakky Aluminaminamnium. Ho hum, will get it checked. PS, did not get an invoice for these when i bought em, and to be honest i did not demand one.

Hope most of their products were real. Sad to see a bike shop flamed like this due to stupidity and poor understanding. Hope OP and shop resolve issues one way or another.

You probably safe since the stans rims are actually quite cheap...if you bought enve rims on CK hubs I would get it verified though

I would call it pure greed, and I hope they get what's coming to them.

Good Morning Hubbers,

It's funny that this thread has popped up because last week i sent my second hand Pinarello Dogma 60.1 in to my LBS to have the gromit in the frame that the bottle cage is screwed into replaced because the previous owner made it so tight that the actual gromit popped out when i was changing the cage.

So in it went and later they rang me saying they have to send it off to Pinarello South Africa to have it done because they are scared that they would crack the frame. Understandingly i said that's fine. Yesterday i got a call from the LBS saying that Pinarello have turned the bike away saying that the serial number is not registering on their system making it a fake.

Now reading this whole thread I have come to understand more about the Grey import/ Fake situation, but being in the freight forwarding industry I already understood quite a bit.

What i wanted to ask the members is this: If a bike is a Grey import it should therefore not be on the Brands serial numbering system in that country because it was not brought through the official channel ? Or am i wrong here. All i want to know is is the Bike a grey import or a FAKE. I have had a friend look at my bike who also owns a Pinarello but a newer one and he says it's not FAKE.

Today i am going to email the chap i bought the bike from and ask politely as I know with these second hand sales deals that go on people can generally get quite itchy about queries coming back after the purchase has been made.

Any advice here will be much appreciated. All i want in the end of the day is to have this issue resolved. I am not a serious racer and if the bike is a fake then so be it i can live with it because it is still a full carbon frame etc etc and Bottom line it works perfectly for me. But if it is so does anyone know of a good Carbon repair man in JHB ( northern suburbs) that i would be able to take it to and have it done seeing as Pinarello wont help.

Apologies in advance for changing the topic somewhat but i thought it was quite fitting to this thread.

Cheers

(read carefully now) i am not saying this is the case since i believe what the op is saying ,, but bike shops do makE "mock up" invoices as do jewelers for insurance purposes for "REPLACEMENT" cost when a item is sold for less than full retail, walk into a jeweler you will get 2 invoices without asking, so maybe they kept the sale off the books and gave a dummy invoice!! i am not saying this is the case but you guys asked about the invoice this is a possibility

So-called invoice has a VAT component and as the shop is VAT registered, perhaps this "Mock" invoice is to dodge the receivers cut. Another brick in the wall of this shop's irregular activities? I am sure SARS would have some questions.

So-called invoice has a VAT component and as the shop is VAT registered, perhaps this "Mock" invoice is to dodge the receivers cut. Another brick in the wall of this shop's irregular activities? I am sure SARS would have some questions.

Rokie.....vuurtjie :thumbup:

i would imagine if they say the number is not on there system(meaning pinerello) then it cant be a grey bike it must be fake the system would have told them its a grey meaning not legally brought in it would not bring up fake

:eek: :eek: :eek: eish sorry dude how long have you been a proud owner of a chinarello ??