Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Which was the real Porsche?

The black one is a replica, the rest originals. Blue one with soft top (1957 model) apparently had 55,000 genuine miles in 2000 before restoration. Sold for R2.4mil after restoration.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They closed down their Facebook page yesterday, if you go to their website, your will see a Facebook link at the top right, click on it and it just goes to www.facebook.com

Sort of says something doesn't it...

Says a HELL OF A LOT, when combined with their original behaviour, struggle accounting, refusal to engage initially and then the lawyer's letter. Cycle Psychos are their own worst enemy.

Edited by Brogue

Mr Armstrong, have you got pictures of the actual bike/frame. Was it the one you initially posted?

I'm trying to check aliexpress/alibaba maybe i can find that exact frame. Would probably clear up some of the speculation of the last couple of pages

You seem to have forgotten the fake wheels the bike is supposed to roll on ...

"R 37 500-00 for the bicycle (consisting of a frame (at your insistence sprayed a particular shade of black), head set, handle bars, wheels and saddle column)"

hi ,i have a 65.1 dogma that i imported and i now that mine is a oem model , im riding it for 15 mounths now and i am very happy with it . But i now what i have paid for it , i can not complain. Today MOST top end bikes are made in the east asia . when they get sent to italy (EG). IF THERE are cosmetics problems on theme it becames a (oem model). i fill we get taken for a ride by all the importers in SA . mine is eng thread. my does not have the made in italy on yhe down tube. yes no serial number under bb. I fell for you ,if you were charged an arm and a leg.

Possibly

NEW MODEL 2014 Dogma 65.1 Think2 65HM1K RFM301 frame carbon bike road time carbon frame carbon time trial frame mechanical di2

http://www.aliexpres...1744162317.html

(from AliExpress Android)

The OP said the pic he posted was taken by ASG, confirming it was fake.

Looks like a dead ringer for the OP's 91K purchase, just about 30k less expensive. Cycle Psychos were making good money on these counterfeit frames.

Ummm and why put Pinarello Dogma on the invoice (assuming the invoice is from cycle science).

Knowing its a fake and putting Pina on there surely must be fraud?

Ja but could be collusion. Shop may have been asked to invoice ABC knowing it was a replica (not a fake) so that it could be insured for full value etc. then something went wrooooonnnnngg

The OP said the pic he posted was taken by ASG, confirming it was fake.

Looks like a dead ringer for the OP's 91K purchase, just about 30k less expensive. Cycle Psychos were making good money on these counterfeit frames.

If they just sold 10

hi ,i have a 65.1 dogma that i imported and i now that mine is a oem model , im riding it for 15 mounths now and i am very happy with it . But i now what i have paid for it , i can not complain. Today MOST top end bikes are made in the east asia . when they get sent to italy (EG). IF THERE are cosmetics problems on theme it becames a (oem model). i fill we get taken for a ride by all the importers in SA . mine is eng thread. my does not have the made in italy on yhe down tube. yes no serial number under bb. I fell for you ,if you were charged an arm and a leg.

Top End bikes are made in the east, Taiwan to be exact.

The lower to middle end are made in China!

You are going to get flamed, but its your bike. Unfortunately the perception is only "fake" bikes fail.

Sorry think we drifting off topic