Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

did they have a showroom full of pinarello's?

or was it a once off special order for yourself? i.e. are they posing as a fully fledged Pina dealer.....?

Good question

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have learnt from this thread is that we have been lied to.

There are NOT just 50 shades of grey but many more especially if you have been screwed.

And some guys just don't get it - this grey thing and others have been faked to.

another question - who's DT Swiss agent in SA and are they in the know about fake wheels being sold here?

It's probably a thing called VAT. Now wouldn't the receiver like to read this thread.

Im sorry to burst your bubble, but i do work for customs. So yes, dont try and skip out on import duties. :ph34r:

So after a couple of us were torched for simply suggesting that ("maybe") there are some undisclosed aspects to this entire sage.... it now "seems" that the OP is probably not as squeaky clean as others would have suggested.

1. Did he know he was getting a "Replica" - and did he actually ask for a Replica? Because it does change things if they sold him an unbranded frame, and then he commissioned the replica paint and decals.

2. This does make one wonder why, if he actually was sold a FAKE (100% unbeknownst to him), why would he be happy to keep the group set and some bits and settle for just returning the frame and some other parts?

3. Also... was the invoice specifically requested by the OP to state "DOGMA", perhaps so that he can have insurance cover, etc? Who knows?

4. Just a comment for interest sake - even though ASG might be appointed as the exclusive distri for the territory, they cannot simply act on behalf of Pina without explicit instruction and powers to protect their IP/Brand/Trademarks, etc. The original owner has to act or explicitly cede this to the distributor.

5. I mentioned in one of my posts that the OP simply registered on thehub the day of the first post - who knows, maybe he was advised or it was suggested to him by someone or a company or another party, who might have a vested interest in the saga to do so?

6. It's funny to me that the OP actually now owns a Fake and a Grey, because strictly speaking the bike he purchased in Aus would be considered grey here?

7. Lastly, it's really funny to me how many people on this thread have A LOT to say about counterfeit aspect, but how many of them actually download/share movie and series without even blinking an eye or thinking twice. There is no difference to this, piracy and counterfeit is rather close in my opinion.

8. You see many people taking off the 318i/320i badge of their shiney new BMW and put a kit/mags/options etc on, and then sticking on a M-bage, etc. Also similar in my books, it's FAKE, isn't it?

* AND JUST SO THAT WE ARE CLEAR: I don't know the OP, I don't know the SHOP, I have absolute no connection or involvement in this matter. I don't have replica frames or bikes, I don't sell them or promote them.

I've simply just from the start wondered about the OP's agenda and what other aspects there are to the saga...

Just personal opinion, you don't have to like it.

Don't like it!

And to think, Cycles Science could have paid out the difference between genuine and fake components, and walked away from all this. Instead they piss off a smarter man than themselves, and then follow it up with a feeble lawyers letter. Has so far, and will continue to go badly for them, until they make good their mistakes. All I see for now is the hole getting deeper.

This discussion thread is now full of Knowalls. A am from Jhb and bought a Pina MTB ( carbon ) from a reputable BS in Limpopo . They sent me MANY pics of the bike/frame except a pic of the crack in the frame. It was a risk I took and accept.

Edited by Tromp

Guest EdEdEd

How do we know you are real!? :ph34r:

Am I real?

What is real?

HUH

This discussion thread is no full of Knowalls. A am from Jhb and bought a Pina MTB ( carbon ) from a reputable BS in Limpopo . They sent me MANY pics of the bike/frame except a pic of the crack in the frame. It was a risk I took and accept.

I AM CONFUSED :blink: what is your point, that MR ARMSTRONG took a risk buying from a shop and he must ACCEPT the fact that they gave him a dud??????I KNOW I AM SLOW BUT I DONT FOLLOW

Edited by DIPSLICK

This discussion thread is now full of Knowalls. A am from Jhb and bought a Pina MTB ( carbon ) from a reputable BS in Limpopo . They sent me MANY pics of the bike/frame except a pic of the crack in the frame. It was a risk I took and accept.

It's a shame we only got to meet Mr Armstrong now, he might of had some good advise on how to handle getting shafted!

So you bought a secondhand bike with a cracked frame?

not really correct....but anyway. SARS want their VAT, if he paid Aussie VAT he should have claimed it back at the airport upon leaving the country.

A much less sever crime than selling fake merchandise......

The actual process is you claim Aussie Vat and then pay SA VAT on landing.

But if you have not claimed that VAT back, and the bike is part of your luggage, and you're not importing a container load of them, SARS gives you exemption on the first bike as its sportin goods.

Also, the VAT is only applicable if the bike is new. If its been ridden, then its no longer considered new and VAT is applicable to its resale value on theHub.co.za and we all that that is less than the R4000-00 limit above which VAT is charged by SARS on goods you bring with your luggage.

Edited by GoLefty!!

Why are the roadies so worried about quality , It's only a 1.2km cycle to the local coffee shop, nothing will happen to the bike not even a chinarello.

Aren't your bikes just for posing anyway?

bwhahahahahahaha :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ek verstaan nie, Tromp.

Hoe pas dit nou in?