[Event] Darling Brew Extreme MTB Challenge

Darling Brew Extreme MTB

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy that took a tumble looked quite a bit in pain, two guys was rolling him over and the quad bike was on its way.

Don't know how the guys got the turn off wrong big board that said 42 left 62 right

I also don't know how you can blame a marshal for getting the turnoff wrong at the split. It was clearly marked.

It was a great event for me. Definitely coming back for this.

The singletrack on wolwefontein was built by Gabri Steyn, the organiser. He put a lot of effort into it, and even more into this race. I hope it grows, but I also hope the event keeps the small town feel with the massive effort the locals put in. I can't remember the last time I had such a lekker post ride atmosphere.

I lost my Rudy Project Rydon glasses at waterpoint 1. It is the carbon look model. If someone stumbled over them please let me know.

Might be some very happy kids with expensive eyeware running around after all the Oakley's gone missing

To me it looks as if the results are lined up according to fastest time & not who crossed the line first. Yes I know there is the odd discrepancy of some guys taking the short cut back home but I know of at least 2 who started in later groups & rode fast times for the day this pushing the A group guys further down & their previous results can back them up as super fast riders.

Not sure how big the time gaps were between groups, but lets say it was 5mins. If that was the case then 6 or 7 of the guys in the top 10 should've passed you on the route - IF they did the full 66km. I know that didn't happen... 

Let's see how many of them will actually do this:

post-1179-0-58450400-1433138990_thumb.jpg 

Awesome race! First time MTB’ing in the rain and muddy conditions! Yoh! Was a back marker in the 62km race as I only started biking in Feb. Enjoyed the single tracks! Pushed hard in them and gave way to about 3  faster riders, took it easy on the farm roads. Just chuffed to have finished. Also met an absolute MTB legend called Christoff who was a sweeper. What an awesome guy! I lost a bit air on my back wheel and struggled with my pump. He gave me a boost with a bomb. After that he rode in front of about a pack of 4/5 of us and stopped at the top of the heavy climbs and cheered us on as we were coming up. Christoff, if you on here, please DM me, would love to replace that bomb and buy you a couple of beers. Definitely not missing DBX again J

Yup, three properly specced bikes on a Thule carrier and a Volvo. Loads of damage there..

This poor dude lost 2 bikes, At least he got to do the ride firstpost-46828-0-78247900-1433141177_thumb.jpg

I also got 65 odd km's - I thought I was going to die because I was only mentally prepared for 62km - the organizers should really measure the routes more accurately.. myfok

Awesome vibe and a great race, will definitely be there next year. Have to agree with the merging of the routes not being on the greatest places, but be that as it may still an awesome event. Everything I love about mountain biking, wet, mud, lovely single track, beautiful views and gallons of the old Darling brew..... luckily had a driver with me... :whistling:

Archived