What road bike for R50k

Zatek

I buying a new road bike (may be used) in less 3 months time so I started with my research.

Currently I am looking into Specialized Venge Expert Ultegra but don't have too much info on Roubiax or Tarmac. Also looking into Trigon. I like the look of the Aero frames and we don't have huge mountains to climb in races as well. Also like the Fondriest range as well.

Any other suggestion on bikes that are worth looking at? If I go used or experience bikes I will have to look at upgrading the wheels to Zipp or carbon deep section clinchers.

Any advice and also would like to test drive the bike before buying so looking for shop in JHB or MPU area that will let me test.

Size 56 cm

Edited by Zatek

Complete Cyclist Jhb is selling some BH frames at cost.

Also a couple of Colnago frames at a discount.

Have a look at the Swift frames. very affordable.

On a serious note, I have recently moved from 5 years on Alu Scott, to a season on a Giant TCR 2 to now a Spez Venge expert.

I am loving the Venge, with my race wheels on and a mix of Ultegra and 105 and it sits at 7.35Kg if weight is your thing.

I have not done any major racing on it yet but on the 1500 km I have done its been pretty awesome.

I find accelerating up hills the Venge is much faster than the Giant.

I also got some carbon bars which I am liking a lot at the moment.

On a serious note, I have recently moved from 5 years on Alu Scott, to a season on a Giant TCR 2 to now a Spez Venge expert.

I am loving the Venge, with my race wheels on and a mix of Ultegra and 105 and it sits at 7.35Kg if weight is your thing.

I have not done any major racing on it yet but on the 1500 km I have done its been pretty awesome.

I find accelerating up hills the Venge is much faster than the Giant.

I also got some carbon bars which I am liking a lot at the moment.

In your opinion is it worth going the aero route? Not really bothered about the weight.

Look at the deal on the Hub on the LOOK 675 with Di2 .

That's a steal at R 33 000 odd

The only problem with that bike is in CT - Western Cape. Difficult to organize a test drive.

In your opinion is it worth going the aero route? Not really bothered about the weight.

A lot of my mates ride the venge and I struggled keeping up with them so hope this helps!!

Not sure about the benefits of aero, but it looks sweet!!

Pm Mr LOOK !

Its a special feeling to have something that you wont easily see on the morning ride ,

So many choices, man.

What kinda ride are you looking for?

Racey and stiff but efficient

Comfortable and less jarring on the fillings

Somewhere in-between

Please do not hessitate to contact us should you be intrested in the following bikes:

Fondriest

Cannondale

Merida

Look

Bianchi

Giant and a few others