Hub Tacx Virtual Races & Rides

Harryn

@dips what you need to get is one of the virtual reality the Tacx machines. The Bushido is the shiz (but not cheap),, but if you have the Flow, you can upgrade very nicely and relatively cheaply by buying the upgrade kit, which is what I did. i got mine from Tony Impey.

thanks ill start looking i got the normal tracx but it is like 10 years old, is it normally like a stock item so i can walk in and buy it, also can it work on my ipad?? 3g or my laptop with a normal 3g stick???

There is an Ipad Tacx app, but it will not give nearly as much functionality as with the TTS software - and it (I think) it only works with the new versions of the hardware, like the Vortexor the Bushido - the ones that are ANT+ enabled. If you have an old Flow its upgradeable at minimal cost to the I-magic, which does the trick 100s - but its a wired system which needs a usb connection to your laptop, so the Ipad app aint gonna fly. Also, I dont know if the Ipad app allows for mutliplayer connectivity.

I will PM you my cell - call me for a chat?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cant make toninght but keen for future

tacx trainer tick

adsl tick

v3 software??

what else must i do to get tis right?

Upgrade your software to TTS 4

total noob at this how would it work will i "see" the other racers on the screen as ghost riders??

Yes, exactly. You can choose to see them with as a little dot, or a little bicycle icon - either way they will be identified by their name, and their distance relative to yours and the other participants will be shown on the google earth map. Immediately after the race you will get an email from Tacx with the race positions and stats. No medals, no waterpoints - but i keep the wifey on hand to fill up my water bottle. :)

Cool idea Harryn

Let us know how it works out...I'm interested to see how simple the whole process is in practice

Yes, exactly. You can choose to see them with as a little dot, or a little bicycle icon - either way they will be identified by their name, and their distance relative to yours and the other participants will be shown on the google earth map. Immediately after the race you will get an email from Tacx with the race positions and stats. No medals, no waterpoints - but i keep the wifey on hand to fill up my water bottle. :)

:blush: im going to call myself wyatt earp :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Another case regarding fakes in the hub court of justice??

until i am 100% i will be using a alias :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Cool idea Harryn

Let us know how it works out...I'm interested to see how simple the whole process is in practice

Cool, will do!

I think up to 20. You gonna pull the bunch?

bwhaaaaa not now, i am injured and super unfit :whistling:

Edited by DIPSLICK

I cannot make it tonight but will certainly join going forward.

How do I log in - was it set up as a challenge or a multiple rider

Never thought I'd see the day riding IDT became popular on the hub...a few years ago you would almost get lynched on Da Hub for suggesting something like this....now everyone (well it seems like almost everyone) has one at home.

I cannot make it tonight but will certainly join going forward.

How do I log in - was it set up as a challenge or a multiple rider

I will set it up one hour before the scheduled start on Muliplayer. For details of the race in the Tacx lobby, see my OP. Tonight we experiment, see what works and what does not, and report back and adapt for future "events"

I have routes planned in New York, ct, Durbs and Israel & England. Heck, we can even go ride in Afganistan.