Hub Tacx Virtual Races & Rides

Harryn

Please join me this evening (3 April) at 18h00 for a virtual race on your Tacx trainer.

I will be the Lobby Leader, and my Tacx user name is ....erm, ..Harry. The race will be called

"The Hubsa race to Roodepoort"

The route starts in the North Eastern suburb of Sandringham, and finishes in Discovery Roodepoort. It is 25km and has 382 m ascent.

If the time does not suit, we can always change it to make it later in the evening.

Please advise if you will be able to take part - and if so, please give your Tacx user name.

If there is a nice response and we have fun, i hope to make this a regular event - heck we can do it every night!

Edited by Harryn

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please join me this evening (3 April) at 18h00 for a virtual race on your Tacx trainer.

I will be the Lobby Leader, and my Tacx user name is ....erm, ..Harry. The race will be called

"The Hubsa race to Roodepoort"

The route starts in the North Eastern suburb of Sandringham, and finishes in Discovery Roodepoort. It is 25km and has 382 m ascent.

If the time does not suit, we can always change it to make it later in the evening.

Please advise if you will be able to take part - and if so, please give your Tacx user name.

If there is a nice response and we have fun, i hope to make this a regular event - heck we can do it every night!

Very cool idea, need to get me one of those trainers.

VERY COOL IDEA WE CAN MATCH THE KEYBOARD WARRIORS(ME) TO THE REAL RACE SNAKES

PLEASE PROVIDE LIST OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE PURCHASED SO I CAN ORDER THE STUFF

@Berry - you will not need the file. I have set this race up as GPS ride, and we will use my machine as the server.I deliberately have not used one of the video races as everyone would need to have bought the same vid.

@dips what you need to get is one of the virtual reality the Tacx machines. The Bushido is the shiz (but not cheap),, but if you have the Flow, you can upgrade very nicely and relatively cheaply by buying the upgrade kit, which is what I did. i got mine from Tony Impey.

@Rydogg I dunno what the price is now with the devaluation of the rand. it also depends on which one you choose. Give Tony Impey a call? Also, I bet there are lots of them used being used to dry washing, so maybe you can pick one up second hand.

These days. with the recent upgrade of my adsl to 4 meg, I find it works really seamlessly, and what with the risks of taxi's and hijackers, I have decided to stop riding alone during the week - and this presents a really great alternative. Especially if we can get a regular group ride thing going.

Cool see you in the lobby @ 18.00

Shweet. Maybe it will be an idea to start a whatsapp group of all the participants?

I think you probably need a multiplayer license - I cannot remember what licenses I purchased to be honest. You will definitely need the google earth plugin license.

@dips what you need to get is one of the virtual reality the Tacx machines. The Bushido is the shiz (but not cheap),, but if you have the Flow, you can upgrade very nicely and relatively cheaply by buying the upgrade kit, which is what I did. i got mine from Tony Impey.

thanks ill start looking i got the normal tracx but it is like 10 years old, is it normally like a stock item so i can walk in and buy it, also can it work on my ipad?? 3g or my laptop with a normal 3g stick???

cant make toninght but keen for future

tacx trainer tick

adsl tick

v3 software??

what else must i do to get tis right?

hahaha coolest!! :thumbup:

but ja i dont have tacx and I am usually still on my bike busy commuting home at that time.

cant make toninght but keen for future

tacx trainer tick

adsl tick

v3 software??

what else must i do to get tis right?

must it be ADSL :eek: