Specialized Concept Store Cedar - Shiny Stores, Same Poodles

Paul Ruinaard

So I am now officially completely disappointed with the Specialized Concept Store in Cedar. These guys have all the shiny new stores but its service attitude stinks.

I went in there two weeks ago on the off chance that they would have a CX specific 35 mm tire i was looking for. It turned out that they did have in country and after chatting to Conrad he said no problem he would order them for me and they would be there in 3 days.

I walked out with a big smile as not only were they what i wanted but 2Bliss as well.

What a win.

Happy customer.

We'll call you when they are here.

2 weeks on.

No tires

No Calls

Every time i phone them its the same. We've been invoiced for them, they will be here next delivery etc.

When is suggested that they maybe call Specialized and tell them that they are holding up a new bike build and i want these tires, they looked at me as if i was mad. What? Why would you do that?

No - never.

Just wait until the next delivery.

So the problem is again - shiny new store populated by the same poor excuses for human beings that the cycling industry attracts.

I have 2 x Specialized bikes hanging in my garage, plus multiple pieces of their after market kit. I love their equipment. But their brand is being done a disservice by Conrad.

I wanted those tires. They fitted exactly in to my plans and the store didn't order them specially, they were in stock and no problem to get according to them.

So go in there with eyes open.

Their store in Melrose Arch was the epitome of arrogant service and non-existent communication. I've never been back and will buy any Spez kit I may need from Dunkeld Cycles rather.

I find the guys at West Rand cycles to be quite good... Even though I hate the brand, their service and know how keeps impressing...

Just my 2c worth

I find the guys at West Rand cycles to be quite good... Even though I hate the brand, their service and know how keeps impressing...

Just my 2c worth

Exactly what i wanted to say!

They might not be around the corner from you but have a chat to Eben, Stephan or Junior.

If, by some teeny tiny chance, they can't sort you out you'll at least be told straight away instead on being kept hanging!

proof of their awesome service!

http://www.treadmtb.co.za/miracle-mechanics-team-absa/

i have had no dealings with LBS in discusion , i have dealt with melrose arch(no comment)

what i dont understand these concept stores must cost a couple of bar to set up, surely you WANT TO get a ROI so why not get the hungiest,keenist, STAFF TO DO SO,

Interestingly, I've had mixed experiences with this store... Which is why I'm following the thread. Conrad has always called me back, but I've had some challenges after workshop visits.... They are willing to fix stuff though. I just don't like having to go back...

i have had no dealings with LBS in discusion , i have dealt with melrose arch(no comment)

what i dont understand these concept stores must cost a couple of bar to set up, surely you WANT TO get a ROI so why not get the hungiest,keenist, STAFF TO DO SO,

:eek:

Not a lot of shops wants your cash these days. it seems as if i have to beg my lbs to take my cash and order something.... then they whine when we go the Online route...

Update. I got angry and called Specialized in Stellenbosch. Turns out they have the tires on order so now the story is they will be delivered soon. I am not sure who to blame here but its just so frustrating.

I just want some honesty really - tell me 2 weeks and i am happy.

Anyway so i told them I love their products but their service needs to be ratcheted up to meet their brand quality.

As i said i love Specialized - i have since before they were even in SA>

But its endemic to the industry.

My other rant is now trying to buy Shimano pieces. I wanted a new set of Ultegra shifters. Sorry sir no stock, so i ended up with 105 cause that's all they had.

My XTR derailleurs wheels are word so i am now trying to get replacements. Would you believe there are none in the country. WTF?

The last two are not anything to do with Specialized Cedar - I think its Cool heat.

But they are destroying the Shimano brand equity in the country. I love the stuff. All my bikes have it (and some Campagnolo).

These guys have boutique agencies but cannot run a bath.

Not a lot of shops wants your cash these days. it seems as if i have to beg my lbs to take my cash and order something.... then they whine when we go the Online route...

+1