Another returned an adverse analytical finding in an in-competition test

Sworks20

Cycling South Africa reports that Mr. Pieter Lategan (Cycling SA licence number 68808) returned an adverse analytical finding in an in-competition test conducted by the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) at the OFM Mountain Bike Classic event on 2 November 2013.

The SAIDS process has been concluded and Mr. Lategan will serve a two year period of ineligibility as from 2 November 2013. Mr Lategan is therefore prohibited from competing in any organised sport until and including 1 November 2015.

Cycling South Africa respects the independence of the SAIDS process and respects the outcome. Cycling South Africa further reiterates its zero-tolerance approach to doping in sport. Cyclists are encouraged to visit the SAIDS website (www.drugfreesport.org.za) to familiarise themselves with all the issues regarding anti-doping.

Edited by Sworks20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

Google, its quite interesting, does someone know if he is the due in the tread article, done 10 epics

If it is it explains how he can do the Epic on 100k's of training !!

Exactly what I thought.

Aaaah, according to that article he must have been using the special 'energy gels', (nudge, nuge, wink, wink)

Guest EdEdEd

“He has a wonderful sense of humor and we swim in just about every dam we pass.”

flippen damduiker

He came 5th in the OFM Classic & they still tested him :thumbup: nowhere to hide, not even if you come stone last but i still believe that incident was a tip off.

Well this year will be his last Epic if it's indeed the same person, eish.

The SAIDS process has been concluded and Mr. Lategan will serve a two year period of ineligibility as from 2 November 2013. Mr Lategan is therefore prohibited from competing in any organised sport until and including 1 November 2015.

Ban started on 2 Nov 2013....looks like he'll have to give Epic medal back then.

I know the Lategan in the picture, I think you guys are about to hang the wrong Lategan the man I know in the picture won't get a 5 th in the OFM