Another returned an adverse analytical finding in an in-competition test

Sworks20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so that we do not flame the wrong people.

post-4736-0-83353500-1397567624_thumb.jpg

post-4736-0-91159400-1397567656_thumb.jpg

the 5th guy from the right does have some big"guns"

do they say what was used???

if it is the same guy i know I am shocked to say the least

do they say what was used???

if it is the same guy i know I am shocked to say the least

initially when the article poped up my first thought was this could even be one of those cough syryp type substances not allowed it does not automatically mean roids or EPO

Sounds like Piet Lategan of the Lategan brothers. They ride road tandem and we have competed against them a lot in the past. They have won quite a few of the big races. I see he rode the Mangaung MTB race.

Update: it certainly looks like it. From the Racetec site for his results: 02/11/2013 Mangaung OFM Mountain Bike Classic 2013 (65km) 02:12:03 5/255 5/203 A 5/121 M 30-39 1/51 29.53

Edited by jmaccelari

That would explain all the sub 3 Argus results he manage to accomplish during the years.

Now all he's friends will know he is a cheat and that none of his previous accomplishments means a thing

Edited by Wil6

Im sure if I was tested at ofm it would have been pos. As I had a knee injury nd was taking anti inflammatory meds

Im sure if I was tested at ofm it would have been pos. As I had a knee injury nd was taking anti inflammatory meds

"What if I need to take something for minor pain?

Slight to moderate pain can be effectively treated using non-narcotic drugs. Some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g., Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Aleve, and Celebrex) are permitted. They have anti-inflammatory and analgesic (pain-killing) actions. But be reminded that you must still declare any medication you have taken on your Doping Control Form in the event of a test."

So a lot of over the counter anti-inflammatories are allowed.

Im sure if I was tested at ofm it would have been pos.

He was probably tested as he was the winner of VA.

OK TO STIR THE POT A BIT,,,,IF YOUR MATE WAS CAUGHT USING, WOULD YOU LOOK AT HIM DIFFERENTLY AS FAR AS HIS "ACHIEVMENTS"

OK TO STIR THE POT A BIT,,,,IF YOUR MATE WAS CAUGHT USING, WOULD YOU LOOK AT HIM DIFFERENTLY AS FAR AS HIS "ACHIEVMENTS"

For sure... No pot stirring there. Having raced against the Lategans, I am now wondering...

For sure... No pot stirring there. Having raced against the Lategans, I am now wondering...

JA ITS FUNNY HOW YOUR MIND WORKS im no where near that level,but as we see bottom feeders also use, but sometimes mates will just pop up and perform then i sit thinking "when did that sneaky bastid train or is he on something" lately it seems its not so unusual